BloggerTools is Running Hotaru 1.3
by, 05-28-2010 at 04:11 PM (6767 Views)
Today I upgraded our demo site at BloggerTools.net to the latest beta version of Hotaru 1.3.
The main areas we're working on are installation, speed and plugin independence. Believe it or not, but BloggerTools no longer uses SB Base!
Here are the listed goals for this milestone:
- Implement smartLoader [Done]
- Apply smartCache to Comment class methods [Done]
- Add additional indexes to database tables [Done]
- Reworked install/upgrade script [Done]
- Fixes for setHome, Widgets and IncludeOnce [Done]
- Implement plugin update notification [I think Done]
- Rework plugin hook checks with an array instead of cached DB queries [Done]
- Shorten getUserBasic by moving user settings and permissions into a getUser function [Done]
- Improve use of caching and queries on the Plugin Management page [Done]
- Experimental work for multi-site potential [in progress]
- Remove overly-strict dependencies on other plugins [Done for some]
- Breakup SB Base into 3 smaller plugins: Bookmarking, Post RSS and Archive [Done]
- Update *all* plugins for above change. Specifically: [DONE ALL]
* Change all sb_base_theme_index_top functions into theme_index_top
* Remove "Requires: sb_base" or replace with "Requires: bookmarking 0.1"
* Remove "sb_base_" from all pluginHook("sb_base_ etc") lines
* Replace "sb_base" language items with "bookmarking"
- Update all plugins that call getUserBasic to use getUser if settings and permissions are necessary [I think Done]
I wish I could say the upgrade will be easy, but I'm afraid the removal of SB Base means some template and language updates will be needed, and a lot of plugin upgrades. I've already updated dozens of plugins including all the plugin pack ones and still have more to do. I'm sure I'll miss a few so let me know if you use any obscure ones.
We hope to make a beta version available next week for testing. Feel free to ask any questions.
Total Trackbacks 0