Hotaru v.1.0.3 contains numerous bug fixes since version 1.0.2.
For new users installing for the first time:
1. See this post for details on how to get Hotaru CMS from the SVN.
2. Follow the installation and setup instructions here (skip the "download" steps)
For existing users:
1. Update to the latest version from the SVN trunk
2. Give the new /cache/debug_logs/ folder 777 read/write permissions
3. Run the upgrade script: /install/upgrade.php
Here is a list of all the changes since Hotaru 1.0.2:
- [FIXED] Hotaru's start() function was being run three times per page view
- [FIXED] Site announcements weren't showing unless the DB cache was cleared
- [FIXED] Undefined variable in Comments Settings
- [FIXED] Duplicate entry errors in User Account
- [FIXED] Confusing error messages during registration
- [FIXED] The submission approval feature wasn't working
- [FIXED] Submit Light wasn't redirecting properly if votes were enough for the front page
- [FIXED] Dozens of SimplePie and EzSQL warnings
- [NEW] Error logging, with results viewable from Admin -> Maintenance
- [NEW] "Debug" mode turns on "display_errors" (previously on by default)
- [NEW] Ability for plugins to log their own errors, speed tests, etc.
- [NEW] Who Voted plugin
- [NEW] Avatar size option in the Comments plugin
Thank you to everyone who has reported bugs. Please continue to do so in the How-To and Troubleshooting forum.