We are now officially out of beta with the release of Hotaru CMS 1.1. Hooray!
If you're new here and wondering what exactly Hotaru CMS is, think of it as "Wordpress without blogging". If Wordpress didn't do blogging by itself, you'd need plugins to do it for you. And if you had to make plugins, you wouldn't be limited to just blogging. You could make plugins for any kind of site, whether a blog, a social network, an online shop, etc. That's Hotaru CMS, a framework for making websites customized to your needs. As an example, check out the demo. It showcases a Digg clone made with Hotaru plugins.
Hotaru v.1.1 contains numerous bug fixes and new features since version 1.0.5 RC1.
For existing users:
1. Grab the .zip, or update to the latest version from the SVN trunk
2. BACKUP YOUR DATABASE!
3. Turn off all plugins
4. Run the upgrade script: /install/upgrade.php
5. Delete your install folder
6. Turn on all plugins
Here are some of the bugs fixed since Hotaru 1.0.5 RC1:
- [FIXED] Comment form closing when non-admins edit posts
- [FIXED] Broken edit link when the comment form is closed
- [FIXED] Character problems when editing posts
- [FIXED] HTML getting stripped when editing posts
- [FIXED] Plugin order getting reset when upgrading a plugin
- [FIXED] Unable to delete comments from Comment Manager
- [FIXED] Related Posts SQL warning on posts with no tags
- [FIXED] Unexpected CSRF error on submit step 1
- [FIXED] Permissions not being updated when changing a user's role
- [FIXED] Memory problems when paginating entire database result sets
- [FIXED] Categories, tags and users don't have their own HTML meta tags
Plus numerous other fixes and added features.
Outstanding issues are listed on Assembla here (most just need confirmation that they are fixed):
Thank you to everyone who has reported bugs. Please continue to do so in the How-To and Troubleshooting forum.