1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adsense Revenue Share 0.3

Adsense Revenue Share

1. wecan

wecan New Member

wecan submitted a new resource:

Adsense Revenue Share - Adsense Revenue Share

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
    Nick and williamd like this.
  2. williamd

williamd New Member

Looks great!

3. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

4. wecan

wecan New Member

As soon as I have a bit of time I will do the next version... I will call Adsense Revolution Manager, with a lot of new features ;)
    I would work more for the Hotaru project, a very good project, if I had more time ;)

seekyt likes this.
  5. seekyt

seekyt Donor Donor

I have a quick question - since this no longer applies to sb_post (bookmarking is the new plugin), can we still not use the code in the sidebar?

I am very familiar with the AdSense revenue sharing api and the TOS involved with AdSense, and I know one thing for certain is that you can only have one publisher's ads showing per page. This means if I have my own ads in the sidebar, I would have to disable the sidebar on post pages if I wanted to use the revenue sharing plugin.

So, with that in mind, if I use the code above (modified of course for appearance purposes) in the sidebar, will the plugin not recognize the page and apply the user's publisher ID to sidebar ads?

Thanks!

6. petsagouris

petsagouris Design & Development

wecan any news about the "Adsense Revolution Manager"?

7. seekyt

seekyt Donor Donor

There is an annoying error with this plugin that I can't wrap my head around, and I'm wondering if anyone has fixed it. When the user inserts their ID into their user Settings, the field reverts to blank after being saved, and takes a bunch of refreshes to show up. If the user changes their ID due to a Typo, the old ID starts to show up again in its place until you refresh a few times. This leads to users worrying whether or not their AdSense ID has been saved.

Does anyone see an error in the code that is causing this? I sure can't find it or figure out why.

8. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Has anyone tested and got this working with the current version (v1.5.0 beta)? Where should the following snippet of code be added as sb_post.php isn't there anymore)?

PHP:
    <?php
    $h
    ->pluginHook('displayAdd','',array(

'google_ad_width' => 468,

'google_ad_height' => 60,

'google_ad_format' => "468x60_as",

'google_ad_type' => "text_image",

'google_color_border' => "336699",

'google_color_bg' => "0000FF",

'google_color_link' => "FFFFFF",

'google_color_text' => "000000",

'google_color_url' => "008000",

'google_ui_features' => "rc:0"
    ));
    //note: not all fields are required, go to www.adsense-generator.com/ to see which things you need
    //note2: google_ad_client will be overwritten by the script
    ?> 

9. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

sb_post is part of the sb plugin which was deprecated a long time ago and replaced with the bookmarking plugin
    http://forums.hotarucms.org/showthread.php?332-SB-Base-1-1

You can try the bookmarking_post.php file in templates folder of bookmarking plugin instead

10. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Thanks Shibuya. I tried that but it looks like it's not configurable as Ads revenue share is not clickable in Admin -> Plugin Settings -> Ads revenue share.

BTW, I posted the code in bookmarking_post.php around line 89.
    PHP:
            <?php if ($h->vars['use_content']) { ?>
                <div class="show_post_content">
                    <?php echo nl2br($h->post->content); ?>
                    <?php $h->pluginHook('show_post_content_post'); ?>
                </div>
            <?php ?>
         <?php
    $h
    ->pluginHook('displayAdd','',array(

'google_ad_width' => 468,

'google_ad_height' => 60,

'google_ad_format' => "468x60_as",

'google_ad_type' => "text_image",

'google_color_border' => "336699",

'google_color_bg' => "0000FF",

'google_color_link' => "FFFFFF",

'google_color_text' => "000000",

'google_color_url' => "008000",

'google_ui_features' => "rc:0"
    ));
    //note: not all fields are required, go to www.adsense-generator.com/ to see which things you need
    //note2: google_ad_client will be overwritten by the script
    ?> 

11. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

12. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Can someone please share how this plugin works? There are some options that confuse me about this plugin.

1. There's an option that says, Show ads with user pub id only if his approved posts are up to . What does this mean? The same question for the option, % of time that plugin displays user ads (only number)?

2. As an administrator, I have the option of entering the pubID in the settings of this plugin, which is fine. BUT there's also an option in Home / Some User / Settings, which lets a user enter his/her PubID. So, does it mean that if a user enters an AdSense Pub id in his/her settings page, the user's ads will be shown?

3. Finally, as an administrator, how will I know how much revenue is to be shared amongst members? How am I, as an administrator going to figure out how much percentage of the revenue should be shared with, say User 1?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  13. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I've never used or looked at this plugin, but let me guess anyway. I think the first option you quote means "Enable ads for this user if he has submitted X or more approved posts on this Hotaru site."

The percentage probably means that if you enter 30% then ads from user Adsense accounts will show on 3/10 page views and the other 7/10 page views will show ads from the administrator's Adsense account.

Right. The first is for your Adsense account and the latter is for users. If they enter an Adsense account then their ads will start showing up on 30% of page views.

You won't. If someone clicks a user ad, the user will get the money for that click. If someone clicks an admin ad, you'll get the money. Since your ads will be on 70% of pages (for example), you have a higher chance of getting the clicks and making more money. How many clicks and how much money they make is only visible in each individual's Adsense control panel.

shibuya246 and nothingman like this.
  14. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Thanks Nick. This makes much sense now. Perhaps Seekyt could also shed some light into this? I believe he's using this plugin successfully on his site.

shibuya246 likes this.
  15. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

One quick question. I went to a user's Settings page and noticed that even though the user has pasted his PubID (i was told by the user), I, as an admin cannot view the PubID i.e. it shows as blank to me. Is this how it is supposed to work - just so the PubID of the user cannot be abused by the site admin?

16. shibuya246

17. sereban

sereban Active Member

shibuya246 likes this.
  18. robin007

robin007 Well-Known Member

image link was broken.

Attached Files:

19. shibuya246

20. robin007

robin007 Well-Known Member

I am using 0.2. you release the 0.3.
    Then why i am not get any notifications on my admin page.