1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Autoreader 1.3

Autoreader

1. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

shibuya246 submitted a new resource:

Autoreader - Autoreader

Read more about this resource...

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    narc, Please, skorpyo and 12 others like this.
  2. ties

ties Theme & Plugin Development

Whohoo no IE! im gonna try this one this makes test environments easier to set up with actual posts!

3. mabujo

mabujo Designer

Great work, thanks. Going to give this a try straight away :)

4. angolanmade

angolanmade Well-Known Member

Does it have ability to directly import or add tags?

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Saw a reply to a similar question before. Ah yes, here it is:

http://hotarucms.org/showthread.php?127-RSS-Importer&p=2794&viewfull=1#post2794

6. shibuya246

auto Tags

Yes. It brings in tags from rss feeds automatically if they exist in rss feed. Suggest you install the plugin, try it out first.

7. angolanmade

angolanmade Well-Known Member

Good stuff, I test it out with a feed that didn't have tags associated with it them. Works great so far!!!

8. marcolav

marcolav New Member

hello

I have created a number of posts with the autoreader plugin however they are not showing on the home page even after reaching the minimum number of votes to be posted there ( I have set it to 1 just to make sure they would all get there) . I then tried submitting a manual link and sure enough it is showing on front page, any idea how this can be solved?

the site is at http://www.favelicious.com

regards

marco

9. ties

hey marco
    check maybe its your autoreader settings
    goto the campaign -> optionstab ->
    there is a same option in the campaign -> tools tab

10. marcolav

marcolav New Member

Thank you , however both campaign -> optionstab -> and campaign -> tools tab are set to 'Published(New)'

Also, it is odd that they will remain in 'new' status even reaching enough votes that should move them to 'top' status?

Marco

11. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Hi marco,

Under Add Campaign -> Options, there's a choice of setting the post status to "new" or "pending". What you need for the front page is a "top" status, so let's try this little hack:

Open /autoreader/templates/autoreader_add.php and on line 397 change

PHP:
    <input type="radio" name="campaign_tool_changetype" value="new" id="changetype_new" checked="checked" /> <label for="changetype_new">Published (New)</label>
    to

PHP:
    <input type="radio" name="campaign_tool_changetype" value="top" id="changetype_new" checked="checked" /> <label for="changetype_new">Published (Top)</label>
    I haven't tried it, but I guess it should change the options to "top" and "pending". Good luck! :D

12. marcolav

marcolav New Member

thanks

but applying your edit causes the 'status' column to be just blank, instead of being set to 'top'... and posts therefore don't show anywhere on the public site

Any other suggestion?

Marco

13. marcolav

marcolav New Member

In looking at the table autoreader_campaign the posttype can only be set to 'new' 'pending' 'latest' so i guess Nick's suggested hack can't work since 'top' is not an option there.
    I am also puzzled that even after reaching the sufficient number of votes to qualify for 'top' , posts will still not show there , unless I edit their status manually from the 'Post Manager' plugin

Has anybody else had a similar situation?

Marco

14. ties

hey marco
    is it a temporary solution to fill the site with items? because if thats the case you maybe can set the homepage to the all sorting with the index sort plugin

15. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

That must be a bug because Hotaru posts can't have a "latest" status. Posts on the Latest page have a "new" status.

Have you checked "Use feed date" under AutoReader options, and if so, what's your Vote setting for "Deadline for new posts to hit the front page"?

I'm afraid I haven't used AutoReader myself, so can't be of much help.

16. shibuya246

I have updated the plugin so you can select "Top" when you submit the posts from autoreader. Previously you could only select "Pending" or "New".
    http://hotarucms.org/showthread.php?583-Autoreader-0.2&p=2879&viewfull=1#post2879

This is version 0.2. You will need to uninstall and install to make it work.

For any posts you already have in the db, you can edit campaign, go to the last tab and change options directly in real time
    autoreader-pix..JPG

17. marcolav

marcolav New Member

Thank you

however when running any campaign, the posts are still created without any status, the 'status' column of posts (in Post Manager) is simply empty and as a result , posts are not showing anywhere on the site...

Marco

18. shibuya246

I cant replicate this as it works for me each time fine here. What happens if you go to the Options tab? what radio button is selected for " Published (New) Published (Top) Pending "?

Also, what happens if you go to the Options tab and change the selection for all posts in this campaign?

Thanks

19. rushnp774

rushnp774 New Member

Yes Marco, that's happened to me (basically). I tweaked the vote plugin to add a random amount of votes on stories I personally submit (to make the site look a bit more active in the beginning). Autoreader submits a story with enough votes to bump it to the front page, the story still stays in the "latest" section.

20. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I'm baffled that you say posts don't get promoted even when they have enough votes to make the front page. Is this all posts, or just Autoreader posts? If the latter, what's the difference (in the database posts table) between a manually submitted post and an Autoreader post? As far as I'm aware, once Autoreader has added a post to the database, it's up to the Vote plugin to determine whether a "new" post should become a "top" post. :confused: