1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Autoreader 1.3

Autoreader

1. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

Actually, if you don't mind @Mohamed Hashim, I'm going to forward the credentials you sent me to @shibuya246. Although it looks like the fixes above solved a few of the problems, there are others with this plugin and I just don't know how it works.
    @shibuya246: the tabs at the top (Basic, Feeds, Categories, Rewrite, Options) aren't working because the sections aren't brought into the page. For example, I see in the HTML:
    Code:
    <ul class="tabs">
         <li class="current"><a href="#section_basic" id="tab_basic">Basic</a></li>
         <li><a href="#section_feeds" id="tab_feeds">Feeds</a></li>
         <li><a href="#section_categories" id="tab_categories">Categories</a></li>
         <li><a href="#section_rewrite" id="tab_rewrite">Rewrite</a></li>
         <li><a href="#section_options" id="tab_options">Options</a></li>
    </ul>
    However, those sections aren't clickable because the ids don't exist. For example, I see in /templates/autoreader_add.php on line 196:
    Code:
    <div class="section" id="section_options">
    ...but that isn't brought into the HTML on the page. I also don't see any console errors. I'm guessing it has something to do with the javascript in /templates/authoreader_add.php (at the bottom) but can't figure it out. Can you please take a look?

shibuya246 likes this.
  2. Mohamed Hashim

Mohamed Hashim New Member

Dear shibuya, Dear vaimetng

I sent you ftp and admin details and i am waiting its been a long time waiting
    so whats up with my problem and when will it be fixed? Thank you for your great
    support and kindness .

3. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

When I turn on debug mode, I can see the error as below coming up

PHP:
    [LIST]
    Fatal error: Class 'Category' not found in /home/content/i/c/a/icairo/html/social-internetcairo-com/content/plugins/autoreader/libs/autoreader_functions.php on line 186
    [/LIST]
    I am checking why this is appearing and will find out how to fix it

4. shibuya246

valMETNG likes this.
  5. shibuya246

I have made some style and js changes to update this for better use with bootstrap. The basic functionality is the same, but the UI should be improved
    I tested on your site and it works well. I think before you had an older version somehow.
    I have updated the version number of this latest update to 1.3 so there is no confusion
    http://forums.hotarucms.org/resources/autoreader.74/

valMETNG likes this.
  6. shibuya246

thanks. once debug mode was on the error showed itself. It looked like an old file and worked well when I uploaded the latest one. Since I was checking anyway, I updated things for bootstrap at the same time and released a new version and moved it to the resource section.

valMETNG likes this.
  7. bucigv

bucigv Active Member

Hello,

First, thank you for your newest update. I have some problems with previous versions of this plugin, not because the plugin doesn't work, but I have some bug under my installation. Now, I've installed new version and tested and everything works fine under my site http://xyupload.com.
    I've noticed only one problem at my site, when friendly URLS are enabled, I gave a problem with submitted stories with cyrillic alphabet. When friendly URLS are enabled, it's shows this (link: http://xyupload.com/минск-два-у-украјини-као-дејтон-у-бих/ ):
    ----------------------------------------
    Oops!

Page not found

минск-два-у-украјини-као-дејтон-у-бих
    --------------------------------------------------------------

But, when I disable friendly URLS, working without problem.
    Any suggestion how to fix this issue?

In advance, thank you very much for your support.

Regards, Dragoslav

valMETNG likes this.
  8. valMETNG

I just tried this and, you're correct - it is a problem. Thanks for finding it. The bug is in line 402 of /libs/Post.php. The problem is double-encoding (because the function it calls - getFirstPostByPostUrl on line 129 in /models/mdb/Post.php also does an encoding). @shibuya246, to fix, change line 402 to:
    Code:
    $post_id = \Hotaru\Models2\Post::getFirstPostByPostUrl($h, $url);

shibuya246 likes this.
  9. shibuya246

thanks for finding this
    have updated and will release in next minor version

valMETNG likes this.
  10. bucigv

bucigv Active Member

Hello you nice people,

Dear valMETNG, thank you very much for this fix, now links works like a charm.
    Also, thanks to all other stuff and members, it's really good to know that when I have some problem, I'm not alone :)

Regards,
    Dragoslav

valMETNG likes this.
  11. cecilporter

cecilporter Donor Donor

I'm having trouble with the RSS autoreader creating multiple copies of the same story from several feeds. error_log.php doesn't offer any hints. I'm running Hotaru 1.7.3.

Attached Files:

12. valMETNG

I've never used this plugin and am not sure exactly what it does or how it works so I'm hoping @shibuya246 can offer some insight. Does this basically grab content from an RSS feed and automatically create new posts into Hotaru under different user names?

I've read through this entire thread. There were multiple mentions of duplicate posts (e.g., here), potentially because the cron was running multiple times. I also see a proposed fix here (and that he confirmed the duplication was because of the cron here) but I can't tell if it was ever incorporated. @shibuya246, can you help please? @cecilporter, can you please provide the RSS feeds to @shibuya246 so he can test and try to determine the problem?

cecilporter likes this.
  13. shibuya246

Is it possible for you to PM your site login so I can take a look ?

cecilporter likes this.
  14. cecilporter

cecilporter Donor Donor

I recently cleared all cron jobs and updated to the new cron plugin, hoping that would fix it.. but no luck. I'll pm admin login to you.

15. shibuya246

I will take a look with the details you sent PM

just a note, the new cron plugin only shows you what items are in the cron. It does not actually run the cron jobs itself. That is done by the main Hotaru code

16. shibuya246

I cant see the doubles here in the admin dashboard -> Posts Manager.
    Can you watch this for a few more days. I will check in over the next few days and see what I can find out

17. cecilporter

cecilporter Donor Donor

I go through periodically and manually clean out duplicates. I set up a test site with a clean install of hotaru and plugins and it's working properly, so I think valMETNG's diagnosis in PM was correct: I think seven years of customizations and upgrades to the code have resulted in these errors. I'm going to rebuild the production site with a clean install.

valMETNG likes this.
  18. cecilporter

cecilporter Donor Donor

I set up a test site in a the same server environment with a fresh install of hotaru and the plugins I use in production. The only thing I carried over from the production site was the custom theme. I set up a new database and ran the installer and set up the test site to duplicate the functionality / settings in production. It ran smoothly without creating duplicate entries from autoloader. I put both sites into maintenance mode, moved the test site into production and connected it to the production database before turning it back on late last night. Today there are new duplicate entries from the autoloader plugin - not from every campaign, just certain ones. The problem has to be in the database, right? A setting somewhere?

shibuya246 likes this.
  19. shibuya246

must be a setting somewhere. if so it will be in the plugin settings for autoreader

20. shibuya246

the only place i have seen it making duplicates before is if it gets the rss field but fails to save the fact that it got it properly in the db