1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Autoreader 1.3

Autoreader

1. nickpeak

nickpeak New Member

I set the frequency to weekly. When I visit my site again 1 week later form the first automatic post, I haven't seen any second automatic post at my site. Do you know how to solve this problem?

2. frytec

frytec Member

im bumpin this ^^

3. frytec

frytec Member

How can i set the maximun sumary lenght to trucate the sumary at bookmark list?

In autoreader i have the option to truncate post.. but it truncate at the list and the post.

4. gaurangi.tech

gaurangi.tech New Member

After Reading 17 Page Post I can't found My Solution.

I am Using RSS Autoreader and My Problem is RSS Autoreader Change Default User Id to Admin. Please Solve My Problem.

5. frytec

frytec Member

My Autoreader often create duplicate posts, is there a way to avoid that?

i have to run a super heavy sql sentence that makes my domain unaccessible for like 5 min to remove all duplicated posts everyday =(

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  6. mabujo

mabujo Designer

This was a big problem for me too...
    I solved it, but I re-wrote a lot of the autoreader plugin and de-coupled it from the built in cron. Then I wrote an import script which I run on the backend on an actual cron.

7. frytec

frytec Member

@mabujo, so, can you help me to solve this?
    or maybe you could make those changes a plugin, or maybe update the actual plugin, i think everyone that uses autoreader have the same issue.
    pls, ty.

8. mabujo

mabujo Designer

Sorry, I'm not going to be uploading it for a couple of reasons.

Firstly in its current state it is specific to my sites and would be very difficult for non-technical users to install and use.
    Secondly I spent a lot of time on it and re-wrote a lot of the methods to make the imports faster, so it is one of the things that differentiates me from my competitors (my sites pick up stories very quickly).

The good news is I already gave you all the information you need to fix it yourself; the problem is with the cron plugin. If you run imports from a crontab cron script instead of the cron plugin you should stop the duplicate posts. Writing the import script to cron run is simple.

9. frytec

frytec Member

i was wondering, isnt the post_title fields supposed to be UNIQUE?
    im trying a solution on that way..

10. mabujo

mabujo Designer

It depends on your site I suppose but you probably don't want to just force it to unique. You need some method of making it unique. On my site I allow duplicate titles from autoreader but append an incrementing number to the end of the permalink url. There was some code added to the autoreader plugin to do this but that doesn't work beyond 2 posts (and doesn't work at all for the posts that autoreader spits out in a bunch, as you have discovered).

11. gaurangi.tech

gaurangi.tech New Member

@mabujo
    RSS Autoreader Change Default User Id to Admin in My Site...... Please help to solve my problem.

12. PuckRobin

PuckRobin New Member

For each campaign you can already set the author. What is your exact problem?

13. gaurangi.tech

gaurangi.tech New Member

I set the User Name but when its after rss autoreader extract data from feed and shown in site set user Name change Admin User Name

14. frytec

frytec Member

Are you typing a real existing user?

15. gaurangi.tech

gaurangi.tech New Member

Yes...........Registered and Validate User

16. frytec

frytec Member

Can someone help me with this:

My hotaru posts created via autoreader dont retrieve the feed item line breaks.

Example:

in a feed iten content i have something like:
    in my hotaru post created using this feed item i have all paragraphs one after other, without any line breaks neither spaces, something like:

as you can see, the end of the first paragraph is stuck with the start of second paragraph. No line break, and no space separating them (check the red text).

I think it can be solved in this line of /autoreader/libs/autoreader_functions.php

Code:
    		// Item content
    		$content = $this->parseItemContent($h, $campaign, $feed, $item); 
    i tried adding nl2br() to the retrieved $content:

Code:
    		// Item content
    		$content = $this->parseItemContent($h, $campaign, $feed, $item);
    		$content = nl2br($content);  
    But had no success.

17. agent314

agent314 Donor

I've discovered we have the same problem... just added a new feed... after you run "Fetch" ... the Author (in both places) changes back to the "current user" which is me... The user I'm trying to assign the feed to is legitimate... so possibly this is a problem related to upgrades in PHP or ?? Sort of renders the plugin useless... anyone know anything?

18. UsupNew

UsupNew Active Member

Nice Work....

19. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

20. angolanmade

angolanmade Well-Known Member

Anybody have any luck getting this plugin to work with the lastest 1.5.0 release getting some errors on install of the plugin:

Code:
    Notice: Undefined property: Autoreader::$db in /content/plugins/autoreader/autoreader.php on line 230