1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant submit after update

Discussion in 'General Troubleshooting' started by baadier, Apr 18, 2010.

1. baadier

baadier Well-Known Member

Im having problems after updating my site to build 1.1.4 and updating the majority of the plugins to the latest builds. Im unable to submit new posts and get file not found errors. I have friendly urls on and additionally the base navigation as displayed by displayTemplate('navigation'); doesnt have a submit link in it. Does anybody have any ideas?

2. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Can you paste the top part of you system report (details here)? Thanks.

3. baadier

I'm away from my computer at this stage but I just used the email system report to hotarucms.org button, the generate report button didn't seem to do anything on my blackberry.

4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Got the report, thanks. First, I'd suggest disabling Submit Light, and trying again with the default theme.

Another thing, I tried registering on your site, but got stuck because reCaptcha doesn't show up. That will need checking, too.

Edit: Also turn off friendly urls, turn on DEBUG mode and disable any other non-essential plugins while testing.

5. baadier

I'll try that in a while when I get home, but I have to add when I was testing things last night the recaptcha showed up for registrations.I'll look into it in a bit.

6. baadier

Im currently working on this and the recaptcha shows on my side. Ive turned it off in case this is going to be a problem for other users. So far ive turned off the Submit light and tried the default theme with no result, I still get a page not found error. Ive tried with and without Friendly URLS to no avail. I have DEBUG mode on at the moment and il be leaving it on in case that helps. Ive also uploaded the submit 2.4 again in case i had a corrupted zip or something went wrong and this didnt work either.Il try disabling some additional plugins and see where that gets me.

7. baadier

I get this error in my Plugin Management Admin page

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/footymix/public_html/libs/PluginManagement.php on line 231

Dont know if this is related.

I tried testing the submit feature on my local server as well using the build that i downloaded from the SVN while developing the theme and i get a error message that says "Nothing Submitted" on Submit 1 as opposed to not found on the live site

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  8. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

I registered on your site and tried to submit a link, but got tha Page not Found error, with this in the addres bar http://www.footymix.com/index.php?page=submit1

It looks like a problem with the submit plugin.

I notice when a person is not logged in the link in the righthand sidebar for login is directing at http://footymix.com/login/http://footymix.com/login and so is not working either.

If you want to PM me with a username/pwd so i can access your site, I can take a look for you. You can change/delete the pwd once we have it working. Let me know.

9. baadier

I would appreciate that a lot mate, what kind of user should i create for you?

10. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Thanks for sending a zip of your content folder. According to your system report, you're using sitemap, twitter_thumbs, autocomplete, post_images and recaptcha, but their files weren't included in the zip you sent me. If those files aren't on the server, it would explain the undefined offset error in Plugin Management.

Make sure those files are uploaded, and we'll go from there.

Edit: Alternatively, disable those plugins in Plugin Management to see if it works without them. I set up a 1.1.4 site offline with your content folder in it, and installed the plugins in the same order (minus the missing ones) and it worked for me.

11. baadier

I didn't think those plugins were necessary when I was testing the look,that's why they weren't in my local version.ill have to get home later to test if one of those plugins is conflicting somehow with my submit. It looks like I'm the only one with this problem?

12. shibuya246

Thanks for organizing that. I went in and had a look at your Plugin Management section. I noticed the error you are getting at the top of the page

This is most likely caused by one of the plugins not having a version number written against its "requires: " state at the top of the plugin script. Normally it will say something like:

PHP:
     nameDemo Plugin

description:  Produces a Demo message.
    version0.1

folderdemo

hooksinstall_pluginadmin_sidebar_plugin_settingsadmin_plugin_settingstheme_index_topadmin_header_include

* class: Demo

requiresSubmit 1.6

authorauthor name

authorurlhttp://authorurl
    In your case I think a plugin is written with no version number, like this:

PHP:
    requiresSubmit
    I set my plugins on my own site to match yours exactly, but noticed you are using Sitemap 0.5. I only have 0.2 on my machine and thought that might be the problem area. I turned it off , but it did not help.

We need to find out which plugin is causing this error. If you are comfortable editing some files I suggest you try the following 2 things:

find the file /libs/PluginManagement.php

go to line 229

and change this:

PHP:
    foreach (explode(','$h->plugin->requires) as $pair
            {
                list(
    $k,$v) = explode(' 'trim($pair));

$h->plugin->dependencies[$k] = $v;
            }
    to this:

PHP:
    foreach (explode(','$h->plugin->requires) as $pair
            {            

$pair_array explode(' 'trim(strtolower($pair)));

$pair_array $k $pair_array[0] : $k='';

count($pair_array) > $v $pair_array[1] : $v=0;            

$h->plugin->dependencies[$k] = $v;
            }
    This will prevent a plugin from being installed if the settings are not correct for the "requires" field.

Then you will need to unistall and reinstall the plugins one by one. The ones with problems will now not install but will show an error message. Once we know which one is the problem we can fix it.

The above code will probably be implemented in HotaruCMS v.1.2 so if you are uncomfortable making the change you can wait. I haven't heard the release date for v.1.2 yet

I also recommend a change for /content/admin_themes/admin_default/plugin_management.php
    I have attached a replacement file for this here. It will allow us to hover over the "information" icon in the Plugin Management page and see which plugins are requiring others.

Please upload this file to the /content/admin_themes/admin_default/plugin_management.php location

Let me know how you go. :)

Attached Files:

13. baadier

I have no qualms with modifying that file and I'll do it a bit and upload the file for the change. Thanks for the help once again gents and I'll get back to you when I've made the changes.

14. baadier

im working on it now, will uninstalling the plugins affect the data held by them like API keys, settings and posts for example?

15. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

No, settings are not removed when a plugin is installed. If you ever want to remove settings, you can do so from Admin -> Maintenance.

16. baadier

GREAT STUFF! I uninstalled them one by one and reinstalled everything, i didnt get any error messages but it seems to be working now. The submit button has magically re-appeared:)

17. shibuya246

Fantastic. I tried submitting an article and it worked fine.

Remember, when you are not logged in the link in the right sidebar that says "Login to Submit " is pointing to the wrong place.

The current html looks like this:

HTML:
    <br />
        <a href="http://www.footymix.com/login/" title="Login to submit a story"><a href="www.footymix.com/login/">Login to Submit</a>

<br /><br />
    It should be

HTML:
    <br />
        <a href="http://www.footymix.com/login/" title="Login to submit a story">Login to Submit</a>

<br /><br />

or
    HTML:
    <br />
        <a href="/login/" title="Login to submit a story">Login to Submit</a>

<br /><br />

baadier likes this.
  18. baadier

Thanks again mate, il make the necessary changes.