1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comments 2.9

Enable your registered users to comment on each post.

1. Graeme

Graeme Member

Yes although I found that when deleting posts using this method, it does so via a URL where the post Id and comment Id are used...so wwhen the delete URL is displayed on the page as a link, it can be manipulated to delete any post.

Although I hope I am wrong, or did something wrong when I found this situation ...

I've actually been trying for the last day and a half to convert the plugin so that posts update via ajax...I spent too much time, and only got half way...I may look at rewriting the whole thing instead, as it would be awesome update posts via ajax like Facebook comments work...I'm struggling to find the time right now though

Nick likes this.
  2. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

You're right. It's an oversight... maybe even a bug! Fortunately it's a bug that's turned off by default.

With a bit of work, an "own" permission could be added to "can_delete_comments" and then a quick check to make sure the comment is owned by the person wanting to delete it. I would work on this, but like you, I'm struggling to find time, too.

Graeme likes this.
  3. Graeme

Graeme Member

okay cool, at least it's something we are aware of for now :)

4. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

I finally upgraded to 2.7 and since I'm also using the Facebook Open Graph plugin, the Facebook social plugin comment box is showing above the comment form - this wasn't the case with 2.6 where the Facebook comment box was below the comments/comments form.

http://i.imgur.com/Ug2mF1k.png

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  5. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

Can you show me it on the link to your page
    It may be a css issue or it may be the location of the hook
    I dont remember the hook location changing in the html so i guess it is css.
    If I can see the code in google chrome i can confirm that

6. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

I just sent you a PM to a sample post.

7. shibuya246

This is to do with the order of the plugins
    You need to have the comments plugin above the facebook og plugin

nothingman likes this.
  8. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Thanks Shibuya, it's solved now.

9. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

10. shibuya246

What version is your hotaru on ? Is it on a beta version of 1.5.2 still ?

11. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Ya, I'm still on Hotaru CMS 1.5.2-b1 :D

12. z3r082

z3r082 New Member

why cant i download comments 2.7? forum tells me I have no permissions but i can download comments 2.6

13. shibuya246

14. shibuya246

valMETNG likes this.
  15. robin007

robin007 Well-Known Member

I need to write comments in my own language. I try to do that but not working:(

Attached Files:

16. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

I went to your site, copied some of the text, and then posted that text as a comment in my base Hotaru build. It posted just fine. What is not working? Are you seeing any errors? The Javascript translator in the .zip file is not necessary to post comments in Hotaru.

17. valMETNG

I think I just found the website where you go this from. I've tried using it on their website in multiple browsers - doesn't work in any of them. Then I found this that indicates it no longer works.

18. robin007

robin007 Well-Known Member

I add google translation script here only. but it working only 1 comment 1 reply only. translation not working in 2nd comment and 2nd reply.

<textarea name="comment_content" id="language_<?php echo $h->comment->id; ?>" rows="6" cols="50"></textarea>

please help me.

19. valMETNG

I'm not sure I can as I'm unfamiliar with the translation script you're using. When I turn on the browser's console via Development Tools (e.g., Ctrl-Shift-I in Chrome), I do see this Javascript error on your post pages:
    Code:
    transliteration.I.js:2 Uncaught Error: Exception in makeTransliteratable: Invalid element id language
    That led me to discover you're using Google's Translate API. Searching for this error led me to this potential answer. You'd need to post the code you've added to Hotaru to troubleshoot the problem further.

20. valMETNG

Also, be aware that the edit and reply buttons in comments work based on some Javascript (e.g., you will find the reply function on line 75 of \content\plugins\comments\javascript\comments.js). It might be that you need to modify that function or your translate script to grab the appropriate comment_id. I just can't tell without looking at your code.