1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contact Us 0.3

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Nick, Mar 18, 2010.

1. mabujo

mabujo Designer

I've been having some trouble with this with plugin when I have SMTP auth set to on.

When SMTP is on, the email comes from my address so I do not get the user's email address.
    Additionally there is no time stamp on the email I receive.

It works no as expected with SMTP off, and I tried it with SMTP + Debug mode on but didn't receive any errors.

I will probably just try to hack the plugin to not use the SMTP but I thought you would like to know anyway :)

2. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I've added a fix in Hotaru 1.3 to get the email using the sender's address. You can apply this now if you want. See the changes here (you can ignore the bottom part with the print_r changes.

Unfortunately, I can't find a solution to the missing Date field problem. I wonder if this is even an issue, though? I use Windows Mail which shows the "Received" date, okay. Unless I go into the message's properties and look at the details tab, I wouldn't know the date was missing. :confused:

3. angolanmade

angolanmade Well-Known Member

Any suggestions on hacking this plugin to add a drop down to allow users to select which department (email address) they would like to direct the inquiry.

Maybe an enhanced contact us plugin is what we need?

4. robin007

robin007 Well-Known Member

I got message from sender,
    but I didn't receive sender email id.
    how can i reply.

5. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

The sender's email address is who it came from. (It doesn't get added to the message body.) If you click reply, you'll see the email address it's from.

6. robin007

I click the reply button from my admin email account. but i got To address like this tamilnin@galaxy.zolahost.com. I reply it but I am not receiving any email from admin.

7. valMETNG

I don't understand. If you initially got the message from sender as you said here, then you are getting the emails sent to you. You might want to confirm what email address you have setup in your admin - settings - mail tab. But the email address that a user puts in on the contact form is the email address that will be used as the "from" when you receive the message. You can verify this by going to your contact page and entering a test message with an email address of test@test.com. When you receive the contact email and click reply, it should be to test@test.com.

8. robin007

I put email id test@test.com
    I receive mail like this
    Screenshot_2016-06-19-22-25-47.png

Then I click the replay button
    Screenshot_2016-06-19-22-26-18.png

9. valMETNG

I'm not sure why that's happening if you put in the test email. You might try uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin as well as clearing cache (Hotaru and browser). I justed tested on my Hotaru build and it worked properly.

10. Condition-Human

Condition-Human Active Member

Just a quick note

the plugin works fine with recapache

testing the plugin...

when the send email address is the same as the admin site emal address to test it, no email is sent out.

I have tested this using a different email address to the admin email address, the message is sent withing seconds.

Don't forget to tick the box send message to yourself.

no need to reply to this, hope this helps other users.

Thanks Nick