1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Jobs] Customizing site

Discussion in 'Requests for Paid Services' started by hornsarriba, Mar 9, 2012.

1. hornsarriba

hornsarriba New Member

I would like to customize my current hotaru site (see URL above) and make it to where I can simply create a page with a shortcode [hablahotaru - for example] to bring its functionality over to our main site, without having to add the hotaru coding to our main site.

Is that possible?

In terms of the current state of the site, I would like help with setting up basic functionality and possibly re-design to match the look to meet my needs (aesthetically and functionally).
    Thanks.

2. hornsarriba

hornsarriba New Member

current site can be found at hablanation.com/hotaru

3. PuckRobin

PuckRobin New Member

There is no shortcode support in Hotaru. Even if there had been shortcodes, it wouldn't work like that.

You can add your Hotaru website in an iframe on the main website, but I don't advise it, because some scripts may not work (Still you can try it).

I am not sure what you are trying to do, but if you intend to have several application installations on your website, you can use subdomain structure. For example:

hotaru.hablanation.com for Hotaru
    blog.hablanation.com for Wordpress
    forum.hablanation.com for any forum script

Then your main site may function as a landing page and visitor can choose which subdomain to go.