1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.7 Database Collation

Discussion in 'General Troubleshooting' started by noreplay, Jul 1, 2016.

1. noreplay

noreplay New Member

Please click on Arabic tag on new page and after that click on Popular page to see (Can't find anything here?) page. in front of "All" you see number of tag that hotaru find in all page. correct? if this tag is Arabic. the number is wrong.

example: I post new link in new page with tag=سوره

I click on سوره tag and the page redirect to => http://localhost/hotaru/tag/سوره/ on Popular section and I see this:

Can't find anything here?
    Try the following filters to extend your search

in front of "All" you see number = 0 but I have سوره in "Latest" section. if I use English word the number = 1 and work fine.
    Do you get what I mean? (sorry for my bad English)

2. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

Yes, that's correct.

3. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

Your English is better than my Arabic or Persian :)

Unfortunately, it's very hard to troubleshoot why it's showing 0 when you have a post with that tag without being able to look into your database and run statements in your code. I understand what you're saying but when I try this in my base build (where I don't have any customizations), it seems to work fine. In the past, we've seen weird problems pop up because plugins were out of order but you've checked those and verified that the most important plugins ('Bookmarking' => 'Categories' =>'Widgets' =>'User Signin' =>'Users' =>'Gravatar') are in the correct order. So it can't be that. Without being able to access your environment, I'm at a loss for how to help you here.

This might help: a post will only appear on the Popular/Top Posts page when its post_status in the table hotaru_posts = 'top'. So if you're expecting a post with a certain tag to be on the Popular page, you can check in the database to verify the post_status. If the post_status is 'new', it will not appear on the Popular page. The post_status will change based on the voting plugins (e.g., Up Down Voting, Vote). I understand that this doesn't solve the "all" problem (because all should represent all posts) but it might help you figure out the issue.

4. noreplay

noreplay New Member

Thanks. You help me more than I think.
    maybe some day I can help hotaru team in translation and creating responsive RTL theme.
    and I have some recommendation for your social bookmarking CMS. If you like I can post these idea for hotaru team.

valMETNG likes this.