1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Nick submitted a new resource:

Evb - Evb

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2015
    mik likes this.
  2. baadier

baadier Well-Known Member

Is there a way to make multiple versions of this button that work with for example: the vote button standard, a text link that says "add to footymix" and text link with icon that says "add to footymix"?

Or is this possible, you make a copy of the file evb in your theme directory the way you normally would for modifications and rename it evb_32 with the info after the evb_ being a reference to the type of link and then modify the code in the evb and your css to suit your needs and reference the individual links like this

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.YOURSITE.com/index.php?page=evb"></script>
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.YOURSITE.com/index.php?page=evb_32"></script>
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.YOURSITE.com/index.php?page=evb_text"></script>
    Im not sure if im being naive, but the code in the individual evb files would be essentially the same except for styling of the actual links?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  3. agent314

agent314 Donor

Status on this plugin

Does this work in 1.4.1???

4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I hope so! I still have it running on my site. I'll update the "Tested on" in the first post.

5. agent314

agent314 Donor

I really can't get it to work...

I also tried this technique that you use...

Code:
    <a href="javascript:location.href='http://www.guitarzapoppin.com/index.php?page=submit&url='+encodeURIComponent(document.location.href)">Add to Guitarzapoppin</a>
    But I get Page Not Found (403)

Is there a basic button/link that when clicked will send the user to the Submit page and enter the URL in the submit input box? You have a lot of options on your site Nick but I would like to offer just a few basics... any help appreciated.

Jeff

6. kiranheartbeats

kiranheartbeats New Member

Is it possible to convert it as wordpress plugin, users can easily submit articles to site.

7. petsagouris

petsagouris Design & Development

Come on,... this can't be a sane request.
    Go ask Wordpress to do this for you, this forum is for HotaruCMS... <:|

8. kiranheartbeats

I think there is nothing to be rude. Just yes or no will be good answer.

I am using hotaru not wordpress cms. I just asked is it possible to convert it to plugin.

9. petsagouris

petsagouris Design & Development

Sorry if I have offended you, not being polite does not mean being rude.

10. Gunaxin

Gunaxin Well-Known Member

It was actually a fair request. When 3rd parties want their software to be compatible with Wordpress, they create their own plugins for the platform. This opens their software up to the massive install base that Wordpress has. The Wordpress developers themselves don't really develop plugins, its mostly 3rd party, for various reasons. So if Hotaru is looking to expand, releasing a simple plugin that implements EVB on Wordpress isn't such a bad idea. Of course there would have to be some sort of setting to point it back to the proper Hotaru site. I suppose I could develop one myself that points directly to Gunaxin Links and encourage sites to run it. Then again, the code is so simple, it shouldn't really require a plugin for any competent Wordpress admin to implement.

11. kiranheartbeats

Ya i agree with you. Thousands of people will use wordpress, a simple plugin to promote the articles will be helpfull.

12. kiranheartbeats

I hired a freelancer to do this plugin. He prepared the plugin and its working . But it as 1 bug, can anyone can fix that ? It will be help full for everyone.

13. Kyan

Kyan Donor Donor

thanks for doing that!
    What's the bug, though?

14. kiranheartbeats

Everything working fine but when you align the location of the button in back end of wordpress, you get permission problem. Then if you refresh the page, it will be aligned correctly in post.

15. kiranheartbeats

Ok good news, all the bugs are fixed and plugin is fully functional. If any one need the plugin, send me private message with your domain name, i will customize and send you.

Below is screenshot:

[​IMG]

16. Holod

Holod New Member

Not working for Hotaru 1.4.2
    Button not visible.
    Tested with Drupal and Blogger.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  17. sithburns

sithburns New Member

My plugin was approved and uploaded to the Wp repository, but when you install it gives you a message of header not valid...

18. intelgio2

intelgio2 New Member

Cool plugin - It works great! I decided to go off on a tangent and integrate it into a search engine script that I had. All of the search results now have the EVB!

Have a look at www.popsodia.com to see it in action...

19. mik

mik New Member

Great plugin. Thank you. :)

20. frytec

frytec Member

When someone have my EVB on his article and his article is already submitted in my hotaru, if someone click o his evb vote button, this plugin redirect the clicker to my hotaru or just count the click without leaving the article home?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011