1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

external link toolbar

Discussion in 'Plugin Suggestion Box' started by baadier, Jan 29, 2010.

1. baadier

baadier Well-Known Member

Any possibility in the future(@nick:I know you have your hands full) of a external link toolbar so when a user clicks on an external link you have and option vote, return to site or maybe a try a random link from the site or a random link from the catagory you were viewing initially. Obviosely it should be able to be styled and potentially a ad placed on the toolbar as well.

Another idea would be the ability to comment straight from the toolbar. Pligg has a similar module but I believe its funtion are cosmetic at this stage and not fully implemented.I'm not sure if it can be used as a starting point because I know the pligg and hotaru systems are completely different.

You'd probably want users to be able to close the toolbar if they don't want it in the way and potentially a option in the user settings to disable it.

2. obzerver

obzerver New Member

Hi Baadier,
    It sounds like you're asking for something very similar to the Digg toolbar. If there's interest in a plugin like this I'd be happy to build it. If anyone is interested in this please post what sort of features you would like to see and I can start working on it soon.

3. baadier

you looking at pretty much the same idea as digg which was my inspiration for the idea:

logo | Votes | Post Details .............. Bury | Related | Random | Social | Close

those are pretty much what i needed and potentially and ad in the center space, but that would probably mess around with the site expierience.

4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

This would be another great reason to use Hotaru CMS. Five stars!

5. Patrick

Patrick Active Member

A digg/pligg type toolbar for Hotaru would be an awesome addition! It looks as though this suggestion will be a huge hit.

6. obzerver

obzerver New Member

I've started working on this and so far it's coming along nicely. I should have something usable in the next few days.

hangbowl, Patrick and baadier like this.
  7. Patrick

Patrick Active Member

How is this toolbar coming along? Is there anything usable enough to test?

8. hangbowl

hangbowl New Member

this should be great :D

9. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

We've had no update, so we're working on our own version of this plugin. Technically it already works, we just need to figure out how other plugins hook into it, etc. :p

10. baadier

Great stuff nick, I was wondering what happened to this, do you have a date in mind when It will be ready for release?

11. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

You should know by now not to ask such questions! ;)

But, this weekend should see Hotaru 1.1.3 released, which will allow us to release Cron and AutoReader immediately after, and our "Social Bar" plugin should follow soon after that. Buckle your seatbelt! :cool:

12. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Wow Nick. I was thinking of upgrading to 1.1.2 this weekend. I'll defer that and wait for the 1.1.3 release. Oh, it's already Saturday night our time! :)

13. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

14. asshu

asshu New Member

Good to listen that we can get the tool bar . I would like to know If it is available now .

15. r14w03

r14w03 New Member

Did anyone do such a plugin.