1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going Live

Discussion in 'Bookmarking Discussions and More' started by richrf, Aug 28, 2010.

1. richrf

richrf New Member

Hi everyone,

Well, I am going to try out Hotaru on Links.com. Right now the prototype is in links.com/hotaru. I'll be working on adding posts this weekend before I go live. If you have a chance, I would greatly appreciate any feedback before I go live. I will be upgrading the site with more features and a better look, if it looks like it is getting traction over the next couple of weeks. Let me know what you think. Thanks for all of your help!

Rich

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  2. Bill_C

Bill_C New Member

Good luck Rich!

richrf likes this.
  3. richrf

richrf New Member

Thanks Bill. I get about 500 unique visitors a day so I am sure I will find out quickly whether the concept has stickiness.

Rich

4. carlo75

carlo75 Design & Development

Rich you have a really good domain name!
    You need only a bit of fortune and you'll rock with Hotaru...

5. Gunaxin

Gunaxin Well-Known Member

Links.com eh? I actually contacted you back in the spring about possibly buying that domain, before I settled on http://links.gunaxin.com
    Glad to see you are using the domain again, and using Hotaru =)

6. richrf

richrf New Member

lol! Nice to meet you again. Yes, I am going to give Hotaru a go. Hope it works well. I took a look at your site. Looks great! Is it meeting your expectations? Let's keep in touch. Looking forward to working with other Hotaru users to create a strong and lasting community.

Rich

7. richrf

richrf New Member

OK. I am live now on links.com. Wish me luck. :)

Rich

8. Gunaxin

Gunaxin Well-Known Member

I've been extremely happy with Hotaru, but building the site has gone slower than I had hoped. We're getting about 1000 visitors a day right now and that includes us pushing most users there via our main site (www.gunaxin.com). We only have about 10 active users submitting their own content, and even with Anonymous voting turned on now, we're not getting a ton of users voting. I'm gonna keep pushing on it, but its tough.

That said, it looks like we're doing very different sites. I am assuming your site will be mostly SEO based, and you are working in a fairly profitable niche. My goal is really just to develop a community of users, and to send traffic to sites that link to our main site. It is cool how Hotaru can be configured to serve such varied purposes though. =)

richrf likes this.
  9. richrf

richrf New Member

Hi,

Thanks for the help on that sitemap problem!

Yes, I am going after the financial market. I am hoping to build some revenue if I can capture enough visitors. Even with a favorable name and niche, it is not easy. But I am hopeful. If I can help you out, let me know.

Rich

10. louis

louis New Member

I have to agree links.com is HOT! Great domain name. With Hotaru you have a great combo. ;) good Luck.

11. richrf

richrf New Member

Thanks Louis. I hope you have a chance to visit and let me know what you think.

Best,
    Rich

12. ChaFF

ChaFF Donor Donor

I would recommend to upgrade your forum to 4.0.8 ;)
    Customised profiles - magic:)

13. scrt

scrt New Member

Just went to two site. Notice there is a mention at links that the domain name for sale. Sure worth a pretty penny (an old mint one) seeing the price comparison mention.

Gunaxin, love the concept of your site for who it is geared to. Nice to see a Hotaru site live. Love the simplicity layout of content. Clicking on an article (pic) and see the pic at the link site gave me a kinda slow feeling but then I am looking at pic about 1/3 my screen size. My internet speed is decent for I am pretty close to a bell junction and on a dsl package since I am spoiled. Would frequent your site when I am bored for d1qq content kinda gotten downhill. Love the green hornet and green lantern article, I crack up. It all about content and wondering how much time u spend gathering for I notice your name in submits. Oh, I discover your site thru your donated plugin mention by Nick. Now, it matter of analysis to notice what viewers wants with analysis tool (click and time spent) - pic, article, news, sports, humor. Personally, not more than two post per web page in pic and interesting. For if I wanted pic, I can go to other site. Would click on pic to see what so special about that person in pic - curious and bored to get some relief from being at this site identifying plugins.

PS: Realize this link can be use to announce Horatu sites. And surprise to see only one posting here.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  14. angelinaparker86

angelinaparker86 New Member

how much you cost links.com domain?

15. norby500

norby500 New Member Donor

also curious about this :D