1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me in tweaking the site.

Discussion in 'General Troubleshooting' started by kiranheartbeats, Dec 21, 2010.

1. kiranheartbeats

kiranheartbeats New Member

Hi

I am testing hotaru to migrate from pligg. I am happy with hotaru plugins and themes. I need to show only title in front page like reddit. I went through settings panel but didn't found any option. So can any help me.

Thank you

2. petsagouris

petsagouris Design & Development

Follow the instructions for readying the template of the Bookmarking plugin that is responsible for displaying the list of the links (found in: content/plugins/bookmarking/templates/bookmarking_list.php) to be customized and customize the HTML/PHP code to suit your preference.

3. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Look in the Submit plugin settings. You can turn off post descriptions.

4. kiranheartbeats

I tried that option but it completely turn off the description. I want to turn off the description in main page only ( index ).

Thank you

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Then you'll need to customize the bookmarking_list.php template as petsagouris says above.

6. kiranheartbeats

Hi

I finally found the way to show only title in front page. I just edited the bookmarking_list.php in theme folder. I just removed the content code, so it just shows the title and author and extra fields.

I love hotaru :)

Thank you