1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.7 Help! Upgrade From 1.7.1 To 1.7.2 Failed, Site Unusable

Discussion in 'Installation Specific Questions' started by Pariah Burke, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Pariah Burke

Pariah Burke Member

I just tried updating from 1.7.1 to 1.7.2. During the process it said everything but the user_manager plugin was updated (that one showed a red icon). Clicking Next brought me to a page whose contents are "Oops! Page not found submit". All front-of-site pages show that.

I tried copying 1.7.1 back over the 1.7.2 files but I still have no functioning front end.

2. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

Do you see any error messages in your error_log? If so, please post here.

I'd suggest also trying to recopy all the 1.7.2 files back again and trying the update again. It might be that the files from user_manager didn't copy over properly the first time. If that doesn't work, you can also try to uninstall and reinstall just the user_manager plugin.

3. Pariah Burke

Pariah Burke Member

From error_log

[02-Apr-2015 12:52:09 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: Class 'Libs\Hotaru' not found in [truncated]hotaru/index.php on line 32

4. valMETNG

Try clearing your cache.

5. Pariah Burke

Pariah Burke Member

Did that. Still "page not found."

Also tried uploading 1.7.2 again with no joy.

6. valMETNG

Have you also tried to uninstall and reinstall the plugin? If so, if you PM me your credentials I can take a look.

7. valMETNG

I uninstalled and reinstalled the bookmarking plugin and then moved it to the first position. Please check it now - I think it's back.

8. valMETNG

Also uninstalled and reinstalled RSS. If you see any other problems, try uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin.

9. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

If you PM me I can also take a look
    upgrading from 1.7.1 to 1.7.2 doesnt have any db change and should be very minor on the code changes as well.
    It sounds like could just be a plugin order issue or maybe can you check your .htaccess file as well

10. valMETNG

Already taken care of :)

shibuya246 and carlo75 like this.
  11. Pariah Burke

Pariah Burke Member

Now bookmarking doesn't work. I sent the below in a private message to valMETNG asking for help.

Help? It's still not working. When I try to submit a bookmark I get a page not found. I've tried uninstalling the Bookmarking and Bookmarklet plugins, clearing caches, deleting bookmarking options from the DB, optimizing the DB after that, and then reinstalling the plugins. I still get a not found. I should never have updated to 1.7.2.

12. Pariah Burke

Pariah Burke Member

Oh... All my categories are gone from my existing posts because the Categories plugin isn't working either. I can't even get the plugin to let me to the Categories admin page. The link just does nothing. Sigh.

13. Pariah Burke

Pariah Burke Member

And posts are not found. The front of site is empty with "
    Can't find anything here?
    Try the following filters to extend your search" even though MySQL shows posts, categories, etc.

I'm just going to try to figure out which tables I need to export/import from MySQL and then do a clean install of Hotaru. In the future I'll know that, if it ain't broke, don't upgrade Hotaru.

14. valMETNG

Hmm... I'm not sure that's the logical conclusion to come to.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the submit plugin on your site and can get to submit. See if it's working now.

shibuya246 likes this.
  15. sereban

sereban Active Member

Remove all the plugins and reinstall manually in the correct order.

valMETNG likes this.
  16. valMETNG

For anyone else who might come upon this thread, this is usually a good method to clear up problems. When plugins get out of order, you will see unexplainable problems. No need to panic. Hotaru v 1.7.x does have functionality to automatically reorder plugins but it sometimes doesn't always execute. In fact, it might not even be necessary to uninstall everything - you merely need to move any plugin to a different position for Hotaru to reset the core plugins to the proper order.

17. Pariah Burke

Pariah Burke Member

18. valMETNG

Ah, that's a problem. Thanks for finding that. @shibuya246, can you please update the preferred plugin order? That is no longer accurate. Please move, say, the categories plugin to position 1. Hotaru should then automatically reset them all to the proper order.

carlo75 and shibuya246 like this.
  19. Pariah Burke

Pariah Burke Member

Ok. Reinstalling all the plugins with Categories at an earlier time seems to have fixed things. Thank you.

shibuya246 and valMETNG like this.
  20. valMETNG

Glad to hear it.