1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotaru CMS 1.5.0 RC4

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by shibuya246, May 22, 2013.

1. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

I think you have lawrkhawm.com.com in your config/settings.php file

check the double .com you have

2. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

3. jiyath

jiyath Well-Known Member

When i'm vote showing this error.

Top Posts « Hotaru CMS.png

4. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Clear the cache from the admin control panel and the cache of your browser - it's temporary, happens once in a while.

5. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

6. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

7. suresh

suresh Moderator

Great, I have to wait for the Nick.
    Yeah the problem was from my side either uploading plugins in wrong way or sorting order.
    Anyway thanks will wait for the nick reply.

8. jiyath

jiyath Well-Known Member

Ok. i'm clear the cache but Same error
    'Latest' - www_hotaru_tk.png

9. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

1. Noticed that there isn't a registration link. When a user is not logged in and tries to submit a link, there should be a message that asks the user to register along with the the message, "Sorry, you don't have permission to post links."
    2. Clicking Forgot Password in the login drop down points to the Admin login page i.e. http://mysite.com/admin_index.php?page=admin_login

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  10. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

I used to have the same problem. Refresh the page and try voting the post again. In my case, this was solved.

11. shibuya246

I think you will find that you do not have the user_signin plugin active

If you do a brand new install and use an existing database, you will need to turn off all plugins and turn them back on again. Maybe even uninstall the plugins and install them again.

When there is no user_signin plugin you can not have registration of new users which is why the login button only goes to the admin login.

Can you turn off all plugins and then put them back on again and try again

thanks

12. shibuya246

13. shibuya246

I would like to try your site and solve that if you can give me a link

14. shibuya246

15. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Oh dumb me - sorry about that! Installing the user_signin plugin solved the issue. How come I don't see the fancy drop-down login as it is ipadrank? :)
    And how do you change the background picture for the user profile?

16. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Maybe leave them both in.

It is easier for a site admin to remove the code for a submit link than it is to write the code to add one.

To hide the submit link from the nav bar, simply open navigation.php in your theme and change:

PHP:
    <?php $h->pluginHook('navigation'); ?>
    to

PHP:
    <?php $h->pluginHook('navigation''', array(), array('submit')); ?>
    To remove the submit link from the sidebar, open sidebar.php in your theme and remove:

PHP:
    <?php if ($h->isActive('submit') && isset($h->lang['submit_submit_a_story'])) { ?>
    <div class="well sidebar-nav">    
            <center><a href="<?php echo $h->url(array('page'=>'submit'));?>"><div class="btn btn-success"><?php echo $h->lang['submit_submit_a_story']; ?></div></a></center>
    </div>
    <?php ?>
    However, note that the two submit links are not equal. The sidebar link is visible if the Submit plugin is active. The navigation submit link is visible only when a) the plugin is active, b) submission is enabled through Submit Settings, and c) the current user has permission to submit a post.

nothingman likes this.
  17. shibuya246

I coded the dropdown for login into the default theme. It will appear when you dont have the user_signin plugin active. Once you have the user_signin plugin active the code with the dropdown in it gets overridden by the code in the user_signin plugin. It puts a link to the login page instead.

I have also done a dropdown for user settings for logged in users with quick links to messages,account,edit profile. Unless I update that in the users plugin though it also wont show later

The background pictures for user profile at the moment cant be changed. I am coding to allow users to update their own pictures.
    At the moment I just included 2 placeholder images and rotate them randomly to let you see the potential effect.

18. shibuya246

If there is confusion I will remove the sidebar submit link in the default theme

19. suresh

suresh Moderator

@ Nick
    The stories are not sorting in popular section, any help? latestgerman.info

20. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Thanks for the answers.

Not related to this thread (please let me know if you want me to create a new thread):
    [Suggestion/Idea]: To make the user profiles (apart from the background profile picture) less bland, it would be really cool to show user points of the user using the 'user points' plugin. Here's an example of a user's profile page from reddit -> http://i.imgur.com/7Q2eDee.png. Notice the Post and Comment points of the user. Basically, it's an 'ego trip' for users of your site - makes them come back and encourages them to be active on your site.

Speaking of comment points, which HotaruCMS doesn't store at the moment, the user's comment points can also be displayed on the user profile. Currently, when a user's comment is 'liked', it is not stored in the database. Perhaps for future releases, it could be stored in the database by manipulating the comment vote plugin? And then we can see a user's post points and comment points in the user profile.

The user's profile is really 'bland' at the moment, hence these suggestions/ideas for user profile. If greame is able to pull of the plugin he's working on, that too could be added to a user's profile page (so he update his FB/twitter status right from your HotaruCMS Website). These are crazy ideas and I'm not even sure if it can be implemented but just saying :D

Last edited: May 23, 2013