1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotaru Documentation Wishlist

Discussion in 'Forum Software' started by Nick, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Writing documentation for a CMS is not an easy task, but you can help by suggesting items to add to the Documentation Forums.

Are there any files in the core Hotaru package that you'd love to understand, but can't get your head around? Are you trying to make a plugin, but are struggling with certain features? Are you trying make or tweak a theme, but need something explaining?

Leave a post below so we can document the stuff that you really need.

2. scrt

scrt New Member

How do you remove the "Top Posts" from the very top nav bar in the default theme?

Hi,
    I have read designing around plugins and I understand. In pluginHook('navigation'), my question is the variable names that I can enter for the fourth parameter. Basically, I want to exclude Top Posts, Latest.

I try to remove latest with <?php $h->pluginHook('navigation', '', array(), array('latest')); ?> and no luck. Thus asking if "latest" is the proper variable name. And what is the variable name for top post. Rather than ask every-time for valid variable name use in pluginhook (namexxx, I wonder how to help myself. Where do I look or how to find or to know the variables used in pluginhook namexxx? Sorry for asking such a basic question for I have not look at the lib folder. And still getting to know Hotaru. tx

Checking to make sure old code is not lurking and thus reboot for usage issue on my part. Done and latest is there. Will now do more searching. tx

Research:
    http://forums.hotarucms.org/showthr...n-Default-Theme-1.4.1&highlight=remove latest Nope to my paragraph question above.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011