1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotaru not XAMPP compatible?

Discussion in 'General Troubleshooting' started by pmffn, Apr 7, 2010.

1. pmffn

pmffn New Member

Hey folks,

search function didn´t throw up any topics regarding this :(

Well, basicly i would like to know if hotaru is XAMPP compatible?

Since it is pretty much crashing my XAMPP everytime i want to install a new plugin, i started doubting this.
    [UPDATE] Ok, now it is crashing my XAMPP whenever i try to click on any link. It seems like there is some conflict within one loop.

Tried several re-installs and mysql clearings, none of it helped.

Can someone shed some light on this matter?

Thanks for your time and great support!

regards,
    pmffn

PS: I want to design/CSS some themes for hotaru, that´s why i need to run in it on XAMPP.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  2. baadier

baadier Well-Known Member

I couldn't get it to work on xammp either so I use usbwebserver .I've tested this and it is working with the latest builds of everything including hotaru 1.1.4

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  3. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I use WampServer, but I think JonH is, or at least was, using XAMPP.

4. JonH

JonH Admin & Design

I was using Hotaru on XAMPP on my Vista 64 laptop. Hotaru was a few versions ago but it was working. Before that I used Uniform Server on my XP Pro desktop with no problems, I just tried out XAMPP to see what the big deal was.

5. pmffn

pmffn New Member

OK, after testing different modifications on XAMPP hotaru CMS is still crashing.

However, i got Uniform Server and no sucess on installation so far. The same issue as on XAMPP, hotaru just crashes after some clicks.

Probably Win7 issues?

Got no clue what to do now.

regards,
    pmffn

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  6. JonH

JonH Admin & Design

I'm not sure how mine is set up, (I'm at work) but it should be the default setttings and the same with the php.ini. Maybe try WampServer. Uniform shouldn't be much different though since it's a package of WAMP.

pmffn likes this.
  7. pmffn

pmffn New Member

Hey John!

Thanks for your support so far!
    Currently, i am getting into the installation process on hotaru at least. The random crashing seems to be fixed. However, the installation process gets interrupted on "step2" when i click on "Next" [ The step with database creation ]. Probably got wrong database info inside my settings.php? Already tested many options.
    Played all my hands, i am down. lol :)

8. louis

louis New Member

Hey pmffn maybe try this option...

I didn't have any issues getting HotaruCMS setup in "xammplite." After reading your post I wanted to try it out and installed it on my WindowsXP-Pro workstation. This may be an issue with WIN7 and xammp. I would try to DL the latest version of xammpLite (the same thing without the extras -you may not use) and see if this helps. My next test is to set up HotaruCMS on my "mamp" setup.

Nick likes this.
  9. carlo75

carlo75 Design & Development

I use WAMPSERVER and HotaruCSM working fine from the beginning!
    If you want to try... ?!

10. pmffn

pmffn New Member

Hey Carlo,

thanks for the hint. I did install hotaru on WAMPSEVER. The only problem is, it is still crashin.

The strange thing actualy is that hotaru crashes when i try to install further plugins. Got no clue why.
    The frontend and admin panel are running smoothly but as soon as i try to "install" a plugin via the plugin-management, it completly freezes and i am unable to click on any option.

Maybe this can help you guys in figuring out the problem?

Seems like a Win7 problem to me though or it is my computer settings, no clue at all.
    Anyone else using Win7 and hotaru on a offline server?

Thanks for the great support so far!

regads,
    pmffn

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  11. carlo75

carlo75 Design & Development

Sometimes I've the same problem on 2 different PC (laptop vista 32bit + desktop vista 64bit), while to another desktop PC vista professional 64bit all works like a charme.
    Now I'm using last Hotaru branches SVN, and the problem seems gone...
    Try to remove all and reinstall WAMPSERVER and Hotaru on a different name folder

pmffn likes this.
  12. pmffn

pmffn New Member

Hum, still not working. Well, at least i figured out the problem.

It is definitly the plugin installation that causes the CMS to freeze. As soon as i install my first plugin (SB_Base) the random freezing starts.

This realy sucks. Damn Win7 :)

I am open for any other hint/solution approach. Thanks in advance folks.

regards,
    pmffn

13. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Maybe some clues in Admin -> Maintenance -> Debug -> error_log.php ?

pmffn likes this.
  14. pmffn

pmffn New Member

Hey Nick!

Great job on that one. As i stated in a previous post, it realy is a "loop-error" within php.

error.logs says:
    Maybe someone can have a look into it?

regards,
    pmffn

15. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I've just made a change on the beta branch: #1493 (added an "if" condition around the "foreach" loop). Would you mind testing this code for me to see if it helps? Thanks.

/libs/PluginManagement.php line 481~
    PHP:
    // Add plugin hooks back into the hooks table

if ($rows) {
                foreach (
    $rows  as $row)
                {

$sql "INSERT INTO " TABLE_PLUGINHOOKS " (plugin_folder, plugin_hook, plugin_updateby) VALUES (%s, %s, %d)";

$h->db->query($h->db->prepare($sql$row->plugin_folder$row->plugin_hook$h->currentUser->id));
                }
            }

16. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

When you say "freeze", do you mean the Hotaru white screen of death? That happens when there's an error, but unless DEBUG is enabled, you aren't shown the error. While you're setting things up, turn on DEBUG in Admin -> Settings.

If you mean "freeze" as in crashing the browser, then go ahead and blame Windows 7 ;)

17. pmffn

pmffn New Member

Hey Nick,

thanks for the quick reply. Tested the if statement but it is still freezing. I don´t think that hotaru is causing this. Since it seems to be working for other people.

With "freezing" i mean, that if i click around in Hotaru (jumping to different sites) it freezes the "Loading Bar" in firefox, so it is not loading the next page. Whenever that happens, i cannot proceed to any other page, cause it seems like the "system" is unable to redirect to the page i want.

I am using FIREFOX by the way, don´t know if that matters.

I am suspecting Win7. Well, that´s too bad then :(

regards,
    pmffn

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010