1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How have you discovered Hotaru CMS?

Discussion in 'Bookmarking Discussions and More' started by Hobbis, Dec 20, 2010.

1. jay

jay New Member

I purchased a website that had Hotaru CMS included :)
    Very impressed with the admin layout and ease of use.

2. mrchucky

mrchucky New Member

I'm planning to create my bookmarking site, so I search for something cool. I found that Hotaru has something so I'm here and want to dive deep. Hope Hotaru will be my platform for my social bookmarking site.

3. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

Is hotaruCMS still listed on Softaculous AutoInstaller? I am having trouble finding it. Anyone know how to get it listed back on this?

4. skorpyo

skorpyo Well-Known Member

I don't know how but it's definitely gone from the list...

5. suresh

suresh Moderator

This is very old thread, anyway I found about hotaru CMS in Drigg or Drupal forums. Some people posted about this CMS and they too said that you abandoned Hotaru CMS.

6. shibuya246

Glad to see there is still interest. I will keep coding if people keep spreading the word. The v.1.5.0 is coming along well and almost ready for release with a lot of new changes to Admin UI improved db access, a new default theme based on bootstrap, and more. A number of plugins have been updated also including the Autoreader plugin which is always popular.

We will be making an announcement about a gallery for themes and plugins shortly which should give people better ways to search

skorpyo, Gunaxin and suresh like this.
  7. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Would this mean better load times (as in, improved site speed) :eek:

8. shibuya246

When everyone can tell me they will use PHP 5.3 or greater, then yes

For slow sites, I would like to work with them so I can identify what is causing the slow speed before jumping in to change everything. It is quite possible that one part of the database may be causing the slow speed and not all of it. Can you point me to a link or page you have which is slow. You can send the link privately if you dont want to attract spam

9. suresh

suresh Moderator

Yep, that's true.
    Ive seen several times this Hotaru Forums ( which is closed) before joining baker cms, because the Drigg CMS was built such a way it cannot be handle either in database or the server. One side the database was growing and I am unable to pay for a server since the site that much won't make money.
    Comparing to hotaru and Drigg is more difference
    Hotaru is built easy to handle and requires less space resources etc.
    Hotaru can handle spam in most methods but Drigg can't still this Hotaru CMS needed some more changes.

Drigg has best seo that has built by Drupal that makes powerful.

10. shibuya246

Can you list some of the changes you would like to see?

11. suresh

suresh Moderator

Thanks Shubiya
    I am reading your post from the last two day, but not yet understanding where does the problem coming between these two CMS. However I will private message to you with some screenshots and two sites to compare them.
    If you had came earlier then I would had tested in several ways to see why Hotaru CMS was not ranking well.

12. shibuya246

thanks. I have been away for the weekend but will check out your links

13. Graeme

Graeme Member

thanks for making this come back to life, the past few months, I have been using hotaru whilst it has been dead

shibuya246 likes this.
  14. shibuya246

Thanks. good to hear you are using Hotaru CMS. A few updates coming out soon and plugins also being updated