1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Add an Account Link

Discussion in 'Installation and General Troubleshooting' started by Gunaxin, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Gunaxin

Gunaxin Well-Known Member

[Moved here from another thread. Nick]

Thanks for the point in the right direction. So now I arrive at my next stupid question. The email states that the user can change their password on their account page, which is certainly true. However I don't see an easy way for the user to know where their account page is. I suppose they could submit something, and then click on their own name. Or if we have the Gravatar thing enabled they can click on their Gravatar up on the menu. I can't seem to find the User Profile / Account settings as an option for the regular text menu though, which seems odd to me. I've looked through multiple themes, and I don't see it on any examples sites. Without running Gravatar, how is the user supposed to easily get to their profile?

2. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

It's assumed that you'd be running some kind of avatar plugin, but if not, try this:

In your navigation.php template, change:
    PHP:
    <!-- Navigation Bar -->
    <ul class="navigation">
        <?php   if ($h->currentUser->loggedIn) {
                    if(
    $h->isActive('avatar')) {

$h->setAvatar($h->currentUser->id16);
                        echo 
    $h->linkAvatar();
                    }
                } 
    ?>
    to

PHP:
     <!-- Navigation Bar -->
     <ul class="navigation">
         <?php   if ($h->currentUser->loggedIn) {
                     echo 
    "<li><a href='" .  $h->url(array('page'=>'account')) . "'>" .  $h->lang["main_user_theme_account"] . "</a></li>";
                     } 
    ?>

3. Gunaxin

Gunaxin Well-Known Member

Excellent, thanks again. I was actually on the right track with trying to add this myself, but then figured I should ask the question and get an official answer.