1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Remove Nofollow Attribute

Discussion in 'Help Wanted' started by SaadKS, Nov 16, 2017.

1. SaadKS

SaadKS New Member

Hello!

I have created a social networking site with hotaru! (http://thevirallink.000webhostapp.com)

How can I remove the <rel "nofollow"> from my posts? I can't find any related plugin in plugin management!

Thank you in advance!

2. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

Welcome to Hotaru. You'll likely want to get yourself an IDE (e.g., Netbeans) which allows you to do searches on the codebase. The plugin that controls the post listings is bookmarking. Specifically, you'll at least want to review \content\plugins\bookmarking\templates\bookmarking_list.php and \content\plugins\bookmarking\templates\bookmarking_post.php for the nofollow tag (but a search of the codebase will pull up a few more references if you want to modify those).

SaadKS likes this.
  3. SaadKS

SaadKS New Member

Thank you for your quick reply Sir! I think I solved it!

valMETNG likes this.
  4. SaadKS

SaadKS New Member

Could I ask one more thing?

I press maintenance\database\export database, but I don't get any file! Have I done any mistake?

valMETNG likes this.
  5. valMETNG

Thanks for catching this. Actually, it appears this feature was never fully implemented (the code to run it is function exportDatabase on line 164 of Hotaru.php). I'm not sure why but I would guess that it's because there are much better, more comprehensive tools out there for database management so there really isn't a need for this feature. Assuming you're in a shared hosting environment, you should be able to use phpMyAdmin to do an export (there should be an export tab at the top, depending on what version is being used). However, you might find the free SQLyog Community version very useful too for all sorts of database management tasks (exporting is under Tools > Backup database as SQL dump).

SaadKS likes this.
  6. SaadKS

SaadKS New Member

At the moment I'm in the free plan of 000webhost.com and in about 2 weeks I will upgrade my account... All my sites will be transferred to hostinger.com. Both of them support the latest PhpMyAdmin and MySQL. In PhpMyAdmin there is an "export" tab! Should I download my full data structure by pressing this tab?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  7. valMETNG

That tab will do the same thing Hotaru's function was meant to do so it will download the structure and data in SQL format.

shibuya246 and SaadKS like this.
  8. SaadKS

SaadKS New Member

I did it once as an example! Export was successful!! Thank you! If I have any questions, I will create a new thread!

shibuya246 and valMETNG like this.