1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HybridAuth Social Login

Discussion in 'Plugin Suggestion Box' started by Graeme, May 5, 2013.

1. Graeme

Graeme Member

At the moment, if you need to change your social app settings, just run the hybridauth installation index again, and it updates the config file

2. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Yes, the config file is updated. Call me dumb, but how do I use it or access the main hybridauth page on my site? I logged out and tried logging in but I don't see any option of logging in via Facebook etc :-? Is there a link that is created to access the hybridauth page on my site?

3. Graeme

Graeme Member

Hmm, there should just be a link on your registration page after installing it...I worked for me...I will have to take a look at it again when I get back home. Maybe you could inbox me your site so I could take a look

nothingman likes this.
  4. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Thanks Graeme. I've sent you a PM of my site with other info that could help with troubleshooting it.

5. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

Graeme likes this.
  6. Graeme

Graeme Member

I've made some needed fixes to this - it now seems to be working on nothingman's site too.

I realise some people will only want to use this for facebook login, and none of the other sites, but the hybridauth login template shows all sites....

At the moment, there is a html table in both unauth.php, and index.php in the widget folder - it looks like this:

I think you just delete the rows you don't want to pop up...I will make this easier to edit, from one place in the templates folder in the future

nothingman likes this.
  7. Graeme

Graeme Member

8. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Hi Graeme - There are two issues which I have mailed you. One is important while the other is minor.

9. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

Can everyone get to hear the discussion so that we can encourage new ideas and learn things from each other

I am really happy to see people writing plugins and want others to know, your plugin does not have to be perfect from the start. The Hotaru CMS community is willing to talk about your plugin ideas and assist with programming thoughts as well. Can we make sure the conversations are in the open as much as possible. thanks

10. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Sure!

Hi Graeme - Noticed 2 problems and ONE question/suggestion

- This is IMPORTANT :)
    1. User decides to register for the FIRST time using this feature
    2. Clicks "Sign in with your Social ID (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc...) "
    3. Clicks the FB icon, the pop-up window opens up, hybridouth connects to FB.
    4. PROBLEM: the user is prompted with You must register before logging in message and is taken to the HotaruCMS Registration page. Here's the message prompt: http://i.imgur.com/9w6ksWh.png

This is very confusing.

5. HOWEVER, in the Registration page of Step 4, if the user clicks "Sign in with your Social ID (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc...) ", then everything goes normal and the user is registered.

- MINOR: When you delete a user from User Manager, you get the following message. The user is deleted though.
    QUESTION/Suggestion: Would it be possible to add Tiny Social Hub (http://oyanix.com/opensource/hybridauth/social_hub/) in the profile page of user in HotaruCMS? A link in the User's Profile that says, for example "Update your status" etc and then Tiny Social Hub opens up in the User's Profile page? A tutorial on this would be great!

Anyway, happy to test further and hope you'll check the IMPORTANT part that I mentioned - it's very confusing.

shibuya246 likes this.
  11. Graeme

Graeme Member

Hey sorry I've taken a while to get back.

So what you want is on the login page, if you try to sign in with facebook, and are not already registered, it simply registers you. I'll alter it this week, I believe this is just a very small change in the code!

Any other suggestions apart from this?

I like that social hub idea! although it looks like too much work than I have time for just now

12. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

This is what I had in mind. Thought of it like the Comments or Activity pages - a 'social hub' page where users can update their status from HotaruCMS itself. Though I know that's asking too much :D

13. Graeme

Graeme Member

I've made that fix...was trickier than I expected...it works on my site- so you pretty much have one social login button, which covers registration and logging in...

when the user is already registered, it just logs them in and redirects to profile page..and if the user is not registered, they are asked to choose a username for your hotaru site, and then signed in...

just need to finalize it and make sure i haven't broke anything

nothingman likes this.
  14. Graeme

Graeme Member

I will get back to this plugin soon. I have tested it on 2 sites, and it's fine..