1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Need To Do Bulk Registration

Discussion in 'Bookmarking Discussions and More' started by Blanc, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Blanc

Blanc New Member

Hi,

as the title says, I have a list of users (email address, username, password) that i want to add to my site in bulk. These were from a previous website. Could I just pull it from excel straight into the mysql database?

2. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

I could build something to make that work
    Can you send me a sample excel spreadsheet with just 4-5 lines of data in it. Maybe PM it
    I will use that to test and release a plugin that does that

Thanks

3. Blanc

Blanc New Member

Hi, I've PM'ed you the sample data in excel. Thanks :)

4. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

I havent had a chance to finish this but if someone wants to pick up the work and finish it off, it would not be too hard

I have made a plugin and added an excel import lib to it

from admin panel, install the plugin, click on settings for the plugin, select the excel file and you will see the contents on the admin page
    if you go in to the plugin files you will be able to code it to then add the records to the db instead of displaying on the screen.

I may get some more time later and can help if you have questions. I wont add this to the resource section unless its finished later

Attached Files: