1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinite Scroll - Pagination

Discussion in 'Plugin Suggestion Box' started by Gunaxin, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Gunaxin

Gunaxin Well-Known Member

First - Awesome that Hotaru seems to be active again. I'm using an old version that is highly customized, so I'm not sure I'll bother to upgrade unless there is some compelling reason. It's been so long, and I don't document well, so I would likely not remember everything I changed...

I just last night updated our main page (http://links.gunaxin.com - NSFW possibly) to just be very simple and visual, and strip out everything that wasn't critical to me. I think it looks pretty slick, and working to make it responsive is my next step. However there is one other plugin that I think would help it just be a bit better, and that is Infinite Scroll to replace the pagination. I assume this is a plugin that many people would like, and I'm guessing it isn't too horribly involved for folks familiar with jquery and such.

Anyone interested in tackling the project? In the past I've been able to pay for some plugin development, but unfortunately money isn't as free flowing, nor is this plugin as mission critical as my previous projects. So unfortunately I don't really have any funds to support development of this one... just the brilliant idea. ;)

To folks here that I know and haven't interacted with for a couple of years... Howdy!

shibuya246 likes this.
  2. angolanmade

angolanmade Well-Known Member

This would definitely beat my solution of adding more post to the bookmarking plugin settings. Infinite scroll would be ideal!

3. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Hey Gunaxin, happy to see your name again in these forums. :cool:

I'm willing to pitch in if this can be done. I've had wanted this for the comments of a post too - something like Load more comments. I was in touch with local programmer regarding this (for the comments of a post), he was able to achieve this but the comment widget couldn't link directly to the said comment and it broke the comment reply structure.

Nonetheless, happy to see you around. I guess we've been doing well here :D

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
    shibuya246 likes this.
  4. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

Great to see you back in the forums.
    I agree an infinite scroll would be nice to see for those that need it.

5. Graeme

Graeme Member

I'll be looking into infinite scroll pretty soon...I imagine you would just set the number of posts to show on a page to a really high number, if not infinite, then let infinite scroll handle it

nothingman likes this.
  6. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Wow Graeme, that is great to hear - count me in when it comes to testing :)

Graeme likes this.
  7. Graeme

Graeme Member

Here, I made a first version:
    Infinite Scroll