1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install on Pagoda Box

Discussion in 'Installation Specific Questions' started by ilovehotaru, Jul 6, 2013.

1. ilovehotaru

ilovehotaru Active Member

Hi guys,

I'm trying to install hotaru on http://pagodabox.com but their system does not allow scripts to write to the file system, so I'm unable to install since the script tries to write to the cache folders and is unable to. Is it possible to use a db table instead of folders on the file system for this purpose?

Many thanks!!

Edit: actually, scratch the db table idea - I think I might be able to just edit the 'boxfile' and redeploy, this should allow the given folders to be writable, I'll test and report back

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
    shibuya246 likes this.
  2. ilovehotaru

ilovehotaru Active Member

Edit 2:
    This will work on Pagoda Box if you like, they are a pretty cool clould hosting company if you're interested. They use what are called 'Boxfiles' to determine your server environment, and it appears you can get hotaru working on their servers just fine. Here is a basic boxfile that will work:

Code:
    web1:
    php_extensions:
    - mbstring
    - mysql
    - curl
    - gd
    name: hotaru
    shared_writable_dirs:
    - cache/
    - content/images/post_images/
    db1:
    name: hotaru-db
    here is what the above file means:
    php_extensions: // specify extensions needed for hotaru
    - mbstring
    - mysql
    - curl
    - gd
    name: hotaru
    shared_writable_dirs: // important! you must specify any directories that need to be writable via this directive, you can not chmod folders like you are used to
    - cache/
    - content/images/post_images/
    db1: // specify your database name
    name: hotaru-db

much more can be found in their help documents if you want to give them a shot

happy coding!

shibuya246 likes this.