1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Jobs] Integration HotaruCms with SocialEngine

Discussion in 'Requests for Paid Services' started by kmai, May 12, 2010.

1. kmai

kmai New Member

I need to integrate HotaruCms with SocialEngine. I also need this to be a complete and smooth Integration. When doing this I will need the following:

- Disable SocialEngine Registration and Login
    - Single Login. Login to HotaruCms it will auto login you in to SocialEngine
    - Single Logout. Logout of HotaruCms it will log you out of SocialEngine

Questions, suggestions and how much work send PM

Thanks

2. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

Why not just use SocialEngine by itself? What is the value of integrating with Hotaru? It seems to have features like blog, forums, albums, classifieds, events, groups etc

3. kmai

kmai New Member

Missing only the post aggregator (news)
    The social engine would be a complete profile within hotaru forming a social network.

penido likes this.
  4. penido

penido New Member

Good vision
    HotaruCms = news aggregator (Digg Like)
    Social engine = Social Network
    Joomsocial = Social Network
    Elgg = Social Networking, etc.

I tried to joomsocial, nobody knows I could not even work with hotaru
    Only people from the forum know how to work with hotaru.
    I hope you have better luck than me.

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Hotaru CMS is not a news aggregator. It has plugins that aggregate news.

Here's an example of Hotaru CMS with news: BloggerTools.net
    Here's an example of Hotaru CMS without news: HotaruPlugins.com

6. kmai

kmai New Member

I understand

And I wish a digg clone (hotaru) working with a social network (social engine)
    This is my request on "Requests for Paid Services"

7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

kmai likes this.
  8. kmai

kmai New Member

9. kmai

kmai New Member

Nobody who knows the code hotaruCms to make the adjustment?

10. scotty

scotty New Member

This is actually a moderately easy task

http://www.kaigrabfelder.de/en/2011/07/17/integration_of_socialengine_with_external_user_administration.html This link shows how to link SocialEngine users to an external user database administration ie. Hotaru. but you must have enough php/MySQL knowledge to understand what's happening to make appropriate changes as needed. If you need any extra customs help doing this I can gladly help for a small fee :eek: but don't worry I am a fairly cheap hire that do very professional work. just PM me for more details

11. Graeme

Graeme Member

I am trying to make a plugin right now for social login, using Hybridauth . At the moment I have managed to get it to register with any provider (facebook, google, twitter etc), and it stores their profile data into the hotaru users table. So it has created a full user in our database, but I am struggling to actually authenticate the user on the site. I'm having trouble with the sessions and passwords...not sure how to do this with hotaru.

Please can someone help me, this would be a good plugin for everyone. I will send the code I have come up with...mainly from copying the rpx plugin.