1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Link to hotarucms.org

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by shibuya246, Jun 16, 2010.

1. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

It is great to see a lot of new users of Hotaru, and many people taking part in the forums, both asking questions and helping to answer them. This last week the forums have been busy and I have seen a good mix of new to established users.

We have made some good progress on the core development of Hotaru and now have close to 100 plugins available for use. The number of themes is picking up too and feedback is good.

Thanks to all who have helped.

If you are not sure what you can do to assist, consider the following ideas
    1. Helping with plugin development
    2. Making themes
    3. Testing beta releases of Hotaru
    4. Suggesting ways we can improve Hotaru
    5. Promoting Hotaru by telling others how they can make their own sites

There may be other ways to help as well. Let us know if you want to pitch in, by dropping us a line in these forums. We are here to help as much but need as many hands on deck as we can get to really make Hotaru a success for all.

In connection with help, I would like to ask site owners to consider having a link or reference back to [B]http://hotarucms.org[/B] from their sites to show that the software was made with Hotaru. Since the cost of hotaru is free and no advertisements are required to be placed on your site, this is the only form of promotion we have to encourage others to use Hotaru.

I understand you may want to hide the great secret of Hotaru away and not let your competitors get at it, but if we dont get enough people using the software then we cannot continue to support it. Right now we have less than 1,000 people using the software and we need to increase that.

Your promotion help is needed to
    1. provide a link on your site to http://hotarucms.org
    2. could anyone help making some small link banners
    3. tell others on Twitter, Buzz, Facebook etc about Hotaru
    4. Encourage theme developers from other platforms to also write for Hotaru
    5. Does anyone now how to get hotaru listed in some of the quick-install packages of major host companies?

I have seen a few sites that proudly display (c) mysite.com. It would be nice to think alongside the big copyright mark you mind find some space for the hotaru link as well.

Thanks to you all in advance. Nick and I are working hard on the next version 1.4 as well as on modifications to plugins and some support sites. Things are moving fast at Hotaru and we need the help of everyone to keep us growing in the right direction.

Nick likes this.
  2. baadier

baadier New Member

I second the request for the link and I'll be adding the link to my about section,as well as a description of how hotaru works

Nick and shibuya246 like this.
  3. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's a real shame to see so many site owners strip the Hotaru link from their footer and still expect support in the forums. I understand that the Hotaru link is often removed to make it harder for spammers to find the site, but certainly a link from an About page, or an image link would be greatly appreciated and encourage me to continue offering support.

4. mabujo

mabujo Designer

Link added to the footer of Arsenal News this morning...

I think I've got the spammers covered :)

shibuya246 and Nick like this.
  5. danniego

danniego New Member

The least we could do :)
    On the footer page of our website www.boycottwall.com: