1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make fields update on user settings page

Discussion in 'How-To and Troubleshooting' started by seekyt, Mar 26, 2012.

1. seekyt

seekyt Donor Donor

I've posted this problem in the AdSense Revenue Plugin thread, but I don't think anyone saw it.

How do you force a field to display the updated values on the User Settings page? When a user enters their current AdSense ID into the settings, they get a message saying it's been saved, but the field appears blank (even though it HAS been saved, in most cases). Then it requires a ton of refreshes to display properly.

Can someone please help me fix this nagging issue?

2. frytec

frytec Member

it doesnt show up with 1 refresh?

3. seekyt

seekyt Donor Donor

Unfortunately, no. I think that the page should take a refresh at all, to be honest. Once the field has been updated, the updated value should be displayed immediately and should not require a refresh. It's also flawed in requiring a refresh because sometimes either CSRF errors show up or if the backspace button is accidentally hit and then the user refreshes, they empty the value again.

I'm just totally perplexed at why the fields don't update they way they do on the "edit profile" page.

4. PuckRobin

PuckRobin New Member

5. seekyt

seekyt Donor Donor

In user settings, right below this line:

PHP:
    if ($h->cage->post->getAlpha('updated_settings') == 'true') {
    I entered this:

PHP:
    $user_settings['adsense_pub_id'] = $h->cage->post->getDigits('adsense_pub_id');
    That still doesn't work, though. I've tried putting this at the first line of code after the comments:

PHP:
    $user_settings $h->vars['settings'];
    But that also doesn't work. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong yet, but it must have something to do with this line.