1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messaging 0.7

Enables users to send each other private messages

1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

shibuya246 submitted a new resource:

Messaging - Enables users to send each other private messages

Read more about this resource...

Attached Files:

2. baadier

baadier Well-Known Member

installing now and feedback shortly

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  3. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Thanks so much for this Nick! You release 1.1.1 just yesterday and now this - it's hard to keep up with you :)

4. baadier

Everything seems to be working fine, cheers nick

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

5 days ago actually ;) Make sure you upgrade to 1.1.1 before using this Messaging plugin or email notification won't work.

6. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Yes, looks like I need to upgrade to hotaru1.1.1 The plugin required users 1.5, which I upgraded to and ended up with parse errors.

:D Last I checked 1.1 was all I saw on the trunk (/branches/1.1) :confused:
    Would it be safe to go live with /branches/1.2? And if we are using the svn, should we always use this link for the most stable version? -> http://my-svn.assembla.com/svn/HotaruCMS/trunk/

/sorry for going off topic

7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

SVN "branches" are for development.

Yes. Hotaru 1.1.1 was moved to the SVN "trunk" in changeset #1234.

nothingman likes this.
  8. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Thanks Nick!

Dumb question, are the changes in those files (in changeset #1234) the only files I need to touch in order to upgrade to 1.1.1?

9. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

No, you'll need to update to the latest revision on the trunk. If you're using TortoiseSVN, just right click your folder, click "SVN Update" and your files will be updated automatically. Then follow the Hotaru upgrade instructions as normal. Alternatively, grab the latest Hotaru .zip and Plugin Pack .zip instead of using the SVN. The plugin pack has been updated to include Messaging.

10. baadier

A small suggestion after playing with it a small bit, do you think the username could be ajax'ed so that it pulls up the possible names as you type?

11. williamd

williamd New Member

Yes! I'm fiddling with a tag autocomplete, and that could be implemented into messaging quite easily. Let me get back to you on that, unless Nick work his magic as usual :)

12. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Getting the following Undefined index error on the submit page after sending a test message to another user - just thought I'd report it (I'm on 1.1.1 and Users 1.5 is activated)

EDIT 1: This shows up on the footer too.

EDIT 2: When there's a message on my Inbox, I get the following argument error :(

13. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Not really necessary. If you click "Send Message" from anyone's profile, it prefills the username field with their name. Maybe I'll AJAXify it in a later version, though. Edit: or unless williamd does it first.

14. baadier

its not really a priority and you're right you only type in the name when you're on your own profile and sending it out so its not a major issue but if nothingman comes right with using ajax on the other form fields then it should be easy to implement it, just a couple of calls to check against the "username" column.

15. ties

ties Theme & Plugin Development

is this about the same thing?
    because working together might speed it up! :)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  16. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Thank you!

Updated: v.0.2 2010/03/01 - Nick - Bug fixes

17. baadier

nothingman is trying to implement ajax features onto the search and tags of post fields(if im not mistaken) and they're pretty much linked together because theres no point in implrementing 2 different ajax frameworks. I also think his using a jquery framework because its already called by hotaru

18. ties

i see, it's probably because i only see snippets about the progress.
    While on the other side of the world they're doing all this smart stuff instead of constantlt letting me know where they are at. Which is a good thing.

19. baadier

well if you can get involved it would be awesome(2 keyboards are better than 1), im not really profecient enough to help out all i do is both Nick with questions ;)

20. ties

i'd love to but currently im still in the process of learning the whole code thing... my php is not really advanced (seeing the new plugins and releases coming out so soon:confused:), i'm more familiar with js(mostly jquery)/css, so ill be probably extending this part
    but if there are other css/js-jobs let me know because that's what got my attention with this plugin. meanwhile i'll be making myself familiar with all the stuff that's going on and trying to develop some plugins (that would be a good 2nd step after some themes) and i'll be here in the forums