1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Minor Forum Changes

Discussion in 'Forum Software' started by Nick, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

You'll notice that I've rearranged and renamed most of the forums again, putting more emphasis on the documentation by placing it above the main forums.

I've dropped the sections dedicated to the Hotaru "core", because most of what makes up Hotaru is plugins anyway, so merging them seemed sensible. Now you've got a single, generic "How-To and Troubleshooting" forum for questions and bug reports. The main Plugins and Theme forums can be used for brainstorming and development instead.

I've changed the "General Discussion" forum into an "Other" forum for anything that just doesn't fit.

Finally, I've added a Themes Downloads section. Perhaps Carlo's "Hotaru Light" theme will be first one available.

As always, if there's anything we can do to improve the forums, just let us know.

2. JonH

JonH Admin & Design

Great improvement!

3. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Update: I've disabled replies in the Documentation section for non-moderators. As much as I'd like users to contribute to the documentation, it's more likely to fill up with questions and bug reports that should go in the How-To and Troubleshooting forum, especially if coming from a search and not realizing they're looking at the docs.

4. JonH

JonH Admin & Design

Sometimes I post/reply hastily so I'll try not to do the same. :eek: