1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need RPX / Janrain plugin help please.

Discussion in 'How-To and Troubleshooting' started by dale, Apr 5, 2012.

1. dale

dale New Member

I'm getting a "file not found - The page or file you're requesting no longer exists or has been moved" error message displayed in the embedded widget window instead of the usual list of login providers.

The Janrain site shows that some of the URLs used in the RPX Plugin are now part of the "Legacy Sign-In Widget", meaning it's old but still supported thru Sept. 2012.

The Widget works on the Janrain test site, but not on my Hotaru site.

Any ideas?

2. dale

dale New Member

Ok, I finally got it to load. I turned to widget off and just pasted the janrain widget code in as per their instructions, but I'm still not being logged in to my site after entering facebook or twitter login details.

3. dale

dale New Member

Nothing I try seems to be working, including the facebook login plugin.

Does anyone at all out there have any sort of facebook login successfully integrated in to their hotaru site?

4. frytec

frytec Member

rpx works great, whats yoru site, let me try it.

5. dale

dale New Member

ampwall.com

The login page has the rpx plugin active. file not found error from janrain.

decided to try the plugin again since calling the api through the janrain widget from their code is over my head.

6. frytec

frytec Member

You made something wrong when installing the RPX plugin.

Did you followed all instructions?

Instructions
    1. Read up about the different RPX plans at http://rpxnow.com. This plugin works with Basic accounts, but if you have a Plus or Pro account, your users can log in with multiple providers.
    2. Create an account at http://rpxnow.com, set up Twitter, Facebook, etc, and make a note of your application's name and your API key.
    3. Upload the "rpx" folder to your plugins folder. Install it from Plugin Management in Admin.
    4. Access it from the Admin sidebar
    5. Enter your application's name (lowercase with hyphens instead of spaces), your RPX API key and desired language for the RPX sign in widget.
    6. Select your account and display type. The display type lets you either (1) embed the RPX widget in the login and registration pages, (2) overlay the screen with the widget from links in the login and registration pages, or (3) replace the login and registration pages completely, and use a "Sign in" link in the navigation bar to overlay the screen with the widget.

7. dale

dale New Member

I did all of that correctly, to the best of my knowledge.

In the RPX plugin settings it asks for the name of your application.

Is this field for the application domain (http://example.rpxnow.com), or is this for your app ID from janrain? I copied my app ID in to this field, even though it states that it may be a website name.

8. frytec

frytec Member

When you create an application in RPX website, it gives your 3 informations:

In the Hotaru RPX plugin, you must insert your data like this:
    (change those for YOUR data on RPX)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  9. dale

dale New Member

Got it.

I was putting the App ID where the application name should have been.

The widget loaded, now let's see if it works.

Thanks!

10. dale

dale New Member

When I try to login it's sending me thru facebook and back to my hotaru registration page and trying to make me register.

Then it pulls errors from the RPX plugin language for user already existing.

11. frytec

frytec Member

Just tested it in your site and its working.

After giving permission, the script redirects you to a secondary registration page to finish the registration proccess.

Thats the way it works, just registered as frytec.

dale likes this.
  12. dale

dale New Member

Thanks for testing it out, I really appreciate that.

If I try to login, and register through the secondary page it says I'm already registered and tells me to switch to a 3rd party provider under user account settings.

The link for that does nothing, so does that mean I can never use my site since I already registered pre-Janrain?

13. frytec

frytec Member

you can set a provider for an existing user in the user account settings page.

14. cara

cara New Member

For the plugin case studies, do you think you can paste the whole code at the bottom

15. frytec

frytec Member

cara, what do you mean?