1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newspaper Theme!

Discussion in 'Themes' started by ties, Feb 28, 2010.

1. ties

ties Theme & Plugin Development

Newspaper Theme

Newspaper
    Version: 1.1
    Author: Matthis de Wit
    Created on: 2010/02/01
    Last Updated:
    2010/03/05
    Tested on: Hotaru 1.1.1
    Plug & Play: Yes
    Supported: Yes

Description
    A clean, W3C HTML compliant theme. It has a bit of a newspaper theme to it, enjoy!

Instructions
    1. Upload the folder "newspaper" to /content/themes/
    2. Activate the theme from Admin ->Theme Settings -> Shibuya
    3. Go to Admin Panel -> Maintenance and clear the css/js and HTML caches

Revision History
    Version 1.1 - Updated release
    Version 1.0 - Initial release

Please click "Rate Thread" and give this theme a rating. Thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  2. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I've downloaded this and had a look and you've done a fine job. It's got impact and really does have a print newspaper feel to it.

On my test site, the breadcrumbs get pulled up and displayed to the right of the categories, and I'm not sure whether you meant for the post widgets in the sidebar to have bullets (see attached image). Otherwise all looks good! :D

Not so important, but if you get time, it would be good if you could edit the first post to include "version", "author", etc. etc. info like Carlo has done here. Maybe a screenshot, too, would encourage people to use it. Thanks!

Attached Files:

3. ties

yeah ill look into it thanks, the breadcrum problem is known to me but the other one not! im still working on the autocomplete thingy and its going to be sweet, after autocomplete 0.1 i'll go back to fix it

4. ties

Version 1.1 - Updated released - updated: fixed votes in post widget

5. elindbloom

elindbloom New Member

I'm new to hotaru and this theme system. I am going through you're theme to try and deconstruct to help me develop my own theme. One question I have is how did you change the placement of the author date and category without modifying sb_post?

I also lose the edit link in this theme, not certain if that was intentional or not.

6. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Hotaru themes are customized by copying templates, css and JavaScript files from plugins into your theme and then editing theme there. They override the originals in the plugins (read more about that here). My guess is that Ties changed the author, date and category placement by editing the SB Base css file in the theme css folder.

For more control over the output of plugin hooks, read this.

7. ties

no i did this with js, didnt complete the hotaru documentation.... the good old early days
    you can remove the js in the footer t change it i guess
    i still need to fix it i'll try to do it with the next release