1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Done] Plugin To Add Message On Index .....

Discussion in 'Plugin Suggestion Box' started by James Stein, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Stein

James Stein New Member

Is there a plugin for the admin to add a message on the index page but it not show on any other page ? Need to add a sales copy on my index but it not show on every single page.

If there is no plugin then I am going to hard code it in but would be helpful if a plugin existed...

James

2. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

No, sorry, there's no such plugin because templates are intended to be customized.

3. James Stein

James Stein New Member

But this will be require more than editing just the template due to the fact that index is used for all pages. I can edit the templates index but it shows the message on all pages...

So looks like I am going to have to do some hard coding then which would stop it from showing on other pages...

James

4. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

You can do this. The information for how is all contained in http://hotarudocs.com

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

6. James Stein

James Stein New Member

Ah now that may prove very useful .... Thanks guys ....

I know I am asking alot of questions and probably being a pain but I have very specific needs, especially when it comes to SEO. Before I am done the entire site will be fully optimized..

Hmm .. still shows on category pages... Does not show on top latest, upcoming, and all .. but shows on the rest ..

James

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Hotaru 1.4.0 introduced $h->isHome() to test if the current page is the true homepage, so I'm marking this plugin suggestion as "done" and closing the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.