1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Polls

Discussion in 'Plugin Suggestion Box' started by angolanmade, Oct 9, 2009.

1. angolanmade

angolanmade Well-Known Member

Generic and perhaps useful for non social bookmarking sites.

2. rushnp774

rushnp774 New Member

I've been thinking about making a polling plugin for a while now, and will try to get a basic shell of one done soon. Although, more of my free time will be spent developing my Stats plugin probably.

3. landshark

landshark New Member

A polls plugin could be useful to help get a feel from your community on certain things whether it be related to the topic of your site or even new features you have added.

angolanmade likes this.
  4. angolanmade

Me thinks soo, as well!

5. JonH

JonH Admin & Design

6. baadier

baadier Well-Known Member

I think its not a bad idea and will increase site "stickyness".

7. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

I generally use Poldaddy for my site and then embed the code to a text widget. But I like the idea of hotaru having its own poll plugin though. Also, the plugin could be extended so that a poll can be added to a particular post/story like we have in some forums.

8. baadier

baadier Well-Known Member

Thats an interesting idea and should have uses for a wide variety of websites.

9. skorpyo

skorpyo Well-Known Member

I will also like to see this happening...

10. objective

objective New Member Donor

I like this idea and being able to link it to a post.
    I like the ones where you see the poll results after you have voted ie there is no link visible to results before you vote.
    This encourages me to vote as my nosiness makes me want to see if my peers have the same opinions as me.
    Love to see it done..

11. sangeetjass

sangeetjass New Member

cool everyone likes the idea, but who is working on it? teach me how to do it....then I will make all kind of plugins :)

12. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

13. angolanmade

Just checked out Poll Daddy. Looks like the right fit for Hotaru CMS poll plugin solution. Now that things are rolling again, anybody interested in giving this a shot?