1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Popular, Latest, Upcoming issues...

Discussion in 'General Troubleshooting' started by anthonyr, Aug 22, 2011.

1. anthonyr

anthonyr New Member

Well it all started when I first thought of modifying the updown voting plugin to suit my needs. I wrote the script perfectly, but when I tested it, it literally did nothing. So my question here is: if the updown voting and voting plugins are disabled, how are the posts classified as latest, upcoming and popular? i.e: the updown voting plugin sends the post to the popular page if a certain number of +votes is attended.

2- I managed to find out that post_status variable is responsible of the posts location(latest, upcoming, popular) where popular is used as "top". what are the other alias for latest, upcoming...?

3- After submitting the post, which plugin is responsible(if updown voting is disabled) of sending the post to upcoming and then to popular?

Thank you very much in advance and please care to answer my questions ASAP.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  2. anthonyr

anthonyr New Member

Any Notice?

Please Guys, I really need to complete this project! try to reply!

3. PuckRobin

PuckRobin New Member

Bookmarking plugin is responsible for those listings. You can refer to prepareListFilters function in bookmarking/libs/BookmarkingFunctions.php

anthonyr likes this.
  4. anthonyr

anthonyr New Member

So from what you said I must understand that bookmarking plugin first sets all the posts to upcoming, latest and popular and then updown plugin does the rest (sends the upcoming post to popular if number of +votes reached)?
    Or is it simply the bookmarking plugin that does everything?

5. PuckRobin

PuckRobin New Member

Did you look at the function? It is quite clear there.

In case of latest, there is no effect of votes. In case of upcoming, votes given in a selected time interval is taken into account. Votes are given by the help of voting plugin(s), but the listings are done by the bookmarking plugin.

anthonyr likes this.