1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post Manager 1.0

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Nick, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Post Manager
    Version: 1.0
    Author: Nick Ramsay
    Created on: 2009/10/17
    Last Updated: 2010/08/14
    Tested on: Hotaru 1.4.0 ~ 1.4.1
    Plugins Required: None
    Plug & Play: Yes
    Supported: Yes

Description
    View, sort, search, filter, edit and delete posts from Admin.

Instructions
    1. Upload the "post_manager" folder to your plugins folder. Install it from Plugin Management in Admin.
    2. Access it from the Admin sidebar under Plugin Settings.

Revision History
    v.1.0 2010/08/08 - Nick - Made filter persistent, added row number choice, and put user icons in details area (279 downloads)
    v.0.9 2010/07/15 - shibuya246 - Admin stats moved here from Bookmarking (67 downloads)
    v.0.8 2010/06/23 - Nick - Hid edit and source links for Journal (blog) entries because they don't apply
    v.0.7 2010/05/27 - Nick - Removed need for SB Base, and added a "check all" checkbox
    v.0.6 2010/02/18 - Nick - Code changes for pagination
    v.0.5 2010/02/02 - Nick - User links added for easier spam management
    v.0.4 2010/01/04 - Nick - Updates for compatibility with Hotaru 1.0
    v.0.3 2009/11/04 - Nick - Updated install function for easier upgrading
    v.0.2 2009/10/25 - Nick - Made list default to pending if submission moderation enabled
    v.0.1 2009/10/15 - Nick - Released first version

Please click "Rate Thread" and give this plugin a rating. Thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
    cecilporter and davidshq like this.
  2. cecilporter

cecilporter Donor Donor

feature request: a check all / uncheck all button/switch when looking at a list of posts

thanks! this is fantastic.

3. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Added in 0.7. :)

0.8 hides a couple of features that break when using Post Manager for Journal entries.

4. petsagouris

petsagouris Design & Development

There is a problem with Post Manager 0.9 (Hotaru 1.4 beta), when the Hotaru installation has no posts yet.
    Please find the patch attached to fix.
    View attachment post_manager.php.patch.txt

Nick likes this.
  5. mgmirkin

mgmirkin New Member

Would it be possible to make the selected filter "persistent"? I want to go through and physically delete 27 pages of buried news posts, but the current setup makes this quite difficult. Each time I filter by "buried" then "select all" and then navigate to the bottom select "physically delete" and approve the deletion it takes me back to same page, but the filter is set back to its original state of "pending" and there are no posts available to select. Is there any chance that the default functionality could have the initial screen one sees be "pending" but any subsequent screens for that logged-in session be the "last filter applied."

Otherwise, I have to keep reselecting "buried" and then re-filtering. This adds lots and lots of clicks and page reloads that could really be avoided if it would just keep the same filter after taking any arbitrary action on selected posts...

Make sense?

For that matter, it would also be nice if there was either a box or a drop-down where you could specify the number of records to fetch and administrate on a single page. So, maybe the default is 20, but you could select 50, 100, 200, 500, etc. Sure, might take longer to scroll down the page and administrate individually, but then again, for large batches like physically deleting 27 pages of buried posts or more, it would be handy to be able to tell it 1000 records, hit the select all check box, scroll to the bottom and select "physically delete" click okay and you're done. Rather than having to go through 27 pages individually.

Just a thought.

Thanks guys!
    ~MG

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  6. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Hi mgmirkin,

There is much that could be approved to make this plugin easier to use, I admit that. The thing is, I don't actually use Post Manager myself. I have it enabled, but when a new member submits a post on my site, it gets put into pending and I get sent an email. If it's spam, I click the "user management" link in the email and killspam or physically delete the user (which removes his posts). If it's not spam, I click the "Edit post" link and go directly to the post edit screen where I can set it to "new". So I never need to go into Post Manager at all. Hence my lack of work on this plugin.

On the bright side, it's open source so anyone is welcome to make it better and share the improvements. I'm happy to update the plugin with any contributed changes to the code.

7. mgmirkin

mgmirkin New Member

Well, the way I've got it set up (still just poking around in Hotaru) is the my site has several feeds defined and it's set to use the RSS Autoreader to trawl through the RSS feeds for new entries which are set to go into the moderation queue. 'Cause I don't want just every last story going on the site. I want to pick and choose the ones that are of interest / relevance.

So, I could foresee the Post Manager being pretty heavily used under this configuration (which may or may not be typical of how folks are using Hotaru).

Sadly, I'm not a programmer. Know a bit of HTML, a bit of CSS, but other than that, I really haven't gone under the hood of PHP to poke around nor done any programming other than some Basic in HS and a class or two of Java in college (most of which has evaporated from the brain cells). Which, unfortunately, makes most CMSes a bit like Greek to me, since there doesn't seem to be any easy way (without being a programmer) to modify one's site once it's installed, etc. I'm all for automation and snazziness, but at some points it seems like flat HTML files might just be the better solution for me. ;) Well, except with the RSS aggregator and other automated stuff I'd LIKE to be able to do. I just kind of wish CMSes were a bit more simple, Drag & Drop, WYSIWYG, etc. But enough about that.

So, I guess I'm good for poking around and seeing what could use some improvement, but not so good for the actual implementation of new features. =o\ Being otherwise relatively tech savvy, I hate having to beg others to do the heavy lifting. Hehe...

Perhaps one of these days I'll take some kind of online classes or something. 'Til then I'd rather not muck anything up too badly. ;)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  8. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Okay mgmirkin, I decided to give your suggestions a go and have attached Post Manager 1.0 to this post (forum problems are preventing me from updating the first post, oh well... :confused: )

v.1.0 2010/08/08 - Nick - Made filter persistent, added row number choice, and put user icons in details area

I set the max. number of rows you can have at 250 because any more would probably blow up some shared servers since each post has to go and fetch user data, too, and when you use the "select all" checkbox, each post id gets added to the url, which gets really, really long with hundreds of posts.

EDIT: I've just discovered the attached zip is not 1.0, and all the changes I made for 1.0 have completely vanished from everywhere, my computer, the SVN... no idea what happened. Will have to code it all again... :(

Attached Files:

9. Manolof

Manolof New Member

How can i change this plugin so that, when admin posts a new article (and after it is added to the pending queue), when admin decides to publish it, show the date when he changed its status to new and not the submission date.
    Thanks in advance.

10. sereban

sereban Active Member

Hi all!
    Post Manager plugin gives an error:
    Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$user_username in ...\libs\Post.php on line 95
    line 94 $this->author = $post_row->post_author;
    line 95 $this->authorname = $post_row->user_username;
    How can i fix this error?

Attached Files:

11. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

Would you tell us what version of Hotaru you're using please?

12. sereban

sereban Active Member

13. valMETNG

Odd. I can't see how you're getting that error. What are you doing when you get it? Have you made any modifications to your code?

What might be causing the issue is the order of the plugins. Sometimes, if Hotaru plugins aren't installed/executed in a certain order, it can cause weird problems. (The order to install the basic plugins is here: http://forums.hotarucms.org/threads/widget-php-errors.2192/#post-13170). So my first suggestion would be to uninstall and reinstall post manager. If that doesn't work, you can check your hotaru_plugins table to see what order the plugins are installed. If they aren't in the proper order, you can either uninstall and reinstall plugins until they are or, if you don't mind doing SQL, you can manually adjust them in the database.

14. sereban

sereban Active Member

Post manager works fine for me, perhaps the error is caused by the chaotic connection of plug-ins.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  15. linkbaz

linkbaz New Member

hi
    The home page displays the following sites :
    How should cease?
    Can't find anything here?
    Try the following filters to extend your search

16. valMETNG

It appears a category is missing. Your links look like this: http://linkbaz.mixupdown.com/popular/category//. (Notice the 2 slashes at the end?) I'm guessing there's an encoding problem here? Because http://linkbaz.mixupdown.com/all/ seems to work.

linkbaz likes this.
  17. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

In the admin dashboard for the bookmarking plugin, you can set the top page to show a different filter, like "All", "Popular", "Latest" or whatever you want.
    You might want to change that to Latest maybe

linkbaz likes this.
  18. linkbaz

linkbaz New Member

19. valMETNG

20. linkbaz

linkbaz New Member

This error appears in the Control Panel categories !!!!
    Fatal error: Call to a member function write() on a non-object in /home/navamusi/public_html/anis/libs/Category.php on line 42