1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post Promotion 0.3

Post Promotion

1. petsagouris

petsagouris Design & Development

petsagouris submitted a new resource:

Post Promotion 0.3 - Post Promotion 0.3

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
  2. Patrik

Patrik New Member

Good idea! Congrats on your first plugin! :)

3. richrf

richrf New Member

Yes, great looking plugin. I am looking forward to using it when it is ready to go live.

Rich

4. carlo75

carlo75 Design & Development

See it, good plugin petsagouris congratz!

5. petsagouris

Thanks for the compliments, I am expecting the criticism.
    Please re-download the 0.1.2 updated version, much more stable, and Ajax in place.

6. carlo75

carlo75 Design & Development

Imho, post promoted, has to be more highlighted!
    Title can be more bigger than original, it's color can be different or more focused, bigger avatar, something like that...

7. petsagouris

Please use the post_promotion/css/post_promotion.css (for CSS) and post_promotion/templates/post_promotion.php (for HTML) to change the promoted post box looks.
    If you believe that more flexibility is needed please, give me some more info on what or how would you like that to be implemented.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  8. kmai

kmai New Member

Post Promotion 0.1.2

Hi petsagouris,

Please, how do I show Post Promotion as shown below.
    My appears on top of the footer.

Thanks

Blogger Tips.png

9. petsagouris

Please make sure that the Post Promotion plugin is moved to the highest order in the plugins (eg: appears first in the Plugin Management list).

@kmai: To show the box there you would need to change the theme_index_main to header_end wherever you find it in the post_promotion/post_promotion.php (even in the comments).

10. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

And if you change the plugin hooks, you'll need to reinstall the plugin for them to take effect.

petsagouris likes this.
  11. epoch

epoch New Member

12. kmai

kmai New Member

Sorry I tried and failed
    I would like him on top and not in the footer
    Please let me explain better
    Thanks

Example: JapanSoc

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  13. petsagouris

I did some more work and version 0.1.5 is now available.
    Please give it a try and if you that doesn't fit your needs please give me technical instructions (the name of the theme hook) that you want the promoted post to appear.

14. richrf

richrf New Member

Hi,

It doesn't appear to be working correctly with Shibuya. When I hit the promote button the wrong post is promoted.

I also tried promoting a journal entry. It did not promote to the top and it overlapped the page numbering on the page. I am not sure whether I am using the plugin correctly but I wanted to give you some feedback. Thanks for a great idea. I hope I can get it working with my site.

Rich

15. petsagouris

Can you confirm that the last version 0.1.5 is promoting the wrong post ?
    I am asking this because I cannot reproduce that bug.
    Give me a sample scenario I can test against. Please include the id of the posts in your response.

I have not tested this with journal entries, but since they seem to reside in the hotaru_posts database table there should not be a problem with them.

The promoted post showing up other than the top part of the page is definitely due to the plugin order, try playing with that.
    The overlapping matter is due to CSS and the template of the plugin. I cannot reproduce that too on the default theme.

16. richrf

richrf New Member

Hi,

Yes, I installed the latest version. Right now I just have two posts (you can see it on links.com/hotaru) and when I attempt to promote the second post (just experimenting) the top post is the one that says it is promoted. Where should I place the plugin? I can experiment with different placement.

Rich

17. petsagouris

I have my development installation working quite smoothly.

In the Admin->Plugin Management, plugin order, has the Post Promotion plugin listed first in the first column.

There are only just a couple promoted posts out of the ten submitted posts that are in the database.
    Here is a screengrab with the Post Promotion plugin installed and having a random post displayed with the Shibuya theme.

[​IMG]

I know this looks really ugly. It was developed for the Hotaru default theme. You can customize the appearance by playing around with the CSS and the template of the plugin.
    They can be found at contents/plugins/post_promotion/ in css/post_promotion.css and templates/post_promotion_promoted_post.php respectively.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
    richrf likes this.
  18. richrf

richrf New Member

Thanks. I will give it a whirl. Is there an easy way to move the plugin order around - e.g. to get the Post Promotion to the top of the order. It is kind of painful right now. :)

Rich

19. richrf

richrf New Member

Hi,

So this is the bug. When I promote a post the top post will display the "promoted" message - this message is incorrect. When I refresh the browser, the correct post is actually promoted. Of course, it looks pretty ugly right now so I will have to look at the CSS. Thanks for the plugin. It is extremely useful. I will be using it as soon as I can get the CSS figured out.

Rich

20. petsagouris

Well I can not really see that bug.
    When you promote a post, you are in the post's page so there is no other post in that page for which to show the "promoted" message.

About the CSS have a look here.

richrf likes this.