1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post Promotion 0.3

Post Promotion

1. angolanmade

angolanmade Well-Known Member

Unable to display the votes on the promote area any ideas why?

2. PuckRobin

PuckRobin New Member

Do you really believe that you will get an answer with such little information :? At least give a link to your website

3. gaurangi.tech

gaurangi.tech New Member

We Still Waiting For Solution :(

4. PuckRobin

PuckRobin New Member

What problem do you have?

5. mik

mik New Member

This is your the first post in this theme.
    What Solution you waiting?

6. romancos

romancos New Member

Where promoted post number is stored. I've deleted promoted post but post number and title remains in promoted post list and I can't get rid of this empty promo post...

Screenshot at 2012-01-31 23:48:53.png

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  7. xcitezone

xcitezone New Member

I am using this plugin with hotarufiltr theme and getting this error:

I tried to search for solution and have seen in this thread that many other friends also had similar problem, do we have any solution for this? I have already tried basic troubleshooting > uninstalling plugin > activating default theme > installing plugin > activating theme etc. nothing is helping. Kindly provide the solution ASAP.

8. romancos

romancos New Member

turn debug mode off under Admin > Settings and see if you're getting that error...

xcitezone likes this.
  9. xcitezone

xcitezone New Member

Thanks Ramancos, that helped me removing the error message but problem still remains unresolved as the vote box doesn't appear on the promoted post.

10. romancos

romancos New Member

it is probably because promoted post doesnt count on votes, you can't vote it down and probably up neither. it is totally different type of post...

11. angolanmade

Another cool plugin that needs some attention. Really cool concept, maybe they can be auto promoted after not just a certain amount of votes but perhaps unique pageviews?

12. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

I would like to work on some of the more core ideas, rather than the ones that no-one seems to be using. I would also like to encourage others to start building out their sites using Hotaru CMS and finding plugins, themes that are available. I am looking to add a search for plugins box inside the admin dashboard. Rather than keep building more plugins at the moment, guiding people to the existing ones will be my focus for a bit.

13. angolanmade

The search plugin option for plugins & themes in the admin panel would also be a welcome addition, I have found myself spending unnecessary time looking for certain plugins.

shibuya246 likes this.
  14. shibuya246

15. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

16. shibuya246

You have to move the Post Promotion plugin up to the top of the plugins in admin management, then it will appear first

nothingman likes this.
  17. nothingman

nothingman Active Member

Thanks. It's showing on the top now.

18. blinger187

blinger187 New Member

really wish I could figure this one out... seems a lot of us are getting these errors...

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/hhvip/content/plugins/post_promotion/post_promotion.php on line 301

also getting a similar invalid argument supplied for foreach() related to votes_up

19. blinger187

blinger187 New Member

fixed the error message I was having in the previous post... had to remove some code and sacrifice some things but I got it working

..now, if only I could figure out how to get this plugin to display all the promoted posts at once instead of cycling through and only displaying one at a time.. I feel like i'm very close... I hacked it together to display the posts but a lot of the functionality was missing including removing posts and I was getting some errors... Any help would be appreciated. I just want to display all 5 posts at once instead of one at a time.

20. shibuya246