1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post Promotion 0.3

Post Promotion

1. sereban

sereban Active Member

2. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

thanks, I will check this. I am moving all of the forum threads from being just posts to being resources, so this plugin code wasnt actually updated but was just copied across. A good chance to go through it though and make it compatible.

Once all of the plugins/themes/languages are in the resource section I will be linking up Hotaru CMS Admin Dashboards to get the version numbers and downloads from this area via an API. Hopefully that will help people keep more up-to-date with plugin upgrades

Thanks for downloading this one and reporting in the error. I hope we can increase the number of people in the community contributing like this from now on :)

sereban likes this.
  3. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

looking more at the error and running it on ipadrank it doesnt look like a basic coding error. I am not getting the error on ipadrank.

Can you try refreshing your caches from Maintenance menu ?

Do you have a site I can see the error on?

4. sereban

sereban Active Member

Probably this error is due to the local environment. I can change the settings and get a job of this plugin in the template.

Attached Files:

5. hilmwa

hilmwa New Member

I'm getting this error after installing this plugin

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to PostPromotion::theme_index_top() must be an instance of Hotaru, instance of Libs\Hotaru given, called in ****/libs/PluginFunctions.php on line 230 and defined in ****/content/plugins/post_promotion/post_promotion.php on line 142

6. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

I've never used this plugin. Does anyone have any ideas? If not, I'll try to find time later this week to install and try to troubleshoot.

7. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

It appears this plugin hadn't been updated in some time. You'll notice that almost each function in /content/plugins/post_promotion/post_promotion.php looks something like this:
    Code:
    public function FUNCTION_NAME(Hotaru $h, POSSIBLY_OTHER_VARIABLES)
    The word Hotaru (along with the following space) shouldn't be there. In other words, all functions should look like this:
    Code:
    public function FUNCTION_NAME($h, POSSIBLY_OTHER_VARIABLES)
    So please do a search for all occurrences of Hotaru $h and replace it with just $h. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

hilmwa likes this.
  8. hilmwa

hilmwa New Member

Excellent, this worked!

valMETNG likes this.