1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Nick submitted a new resource:

Post Rss - Post Rss

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2014
    Gunaxin and skorpyo like this.
  2. Gunaxin

Gunaxin Well-Known Member

Nick,
    I'm trying to use the RSS feed to supply links to my widgets, and its giving me an error, "Your blog does not have a feed or the feed is not formatted correctly." So I tried the feed in a few other RSS readers and all of them are giving me errors. It was giving me the same problem before I modified to add the Post Images, so I don't think its anything I did. Is anyone else having similar issues using the new feeds?

The feed seems to work fine in a web browser, but as soon as I try to add it to an RSS reader I get an error :

http://links.gunaxin.com/rss/status/top/

For example, Safari says :

Safari can’t open the page “feed://links.gunaxin.com/rss/status/top/”. The error is: “The feed could not be loaded because the content is not in a known feed format.” (PubSub:2) Please choose Safari > Report Bugs to Apple, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

3. Gunaxin

Gunaxin Well-Known Member

Ah yes, yet another reason not to do software updates late at night. As soon as I opened it up this morning, I realized what my issue was. I never took the server out of maintenance mode. So I could see everything when I was logged in, and the RSS feed looked fine. However every other program was unable to utilize the RSS feed because it couldn't access it. I'm an idiot, a tired idiot at that.

4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Glad you figured it out. I looked at your site and saw it was closed for maintenance, but didn't put two and two together. You should check that your theme contains the code for site announcements (e.g. /content/themes/default/header.php, lines 64-70) because it posts a site-wide warning if your site is closed.

5. xcitezone

xcitezone New Member

How Can we Ad Post Images Thumbnail in Rss ??? Please tell

6. viktorzoy

viktorzoy Active Member

The plugin does not work with Hotaru CMS Core 1.6.6 ?

Attached Files:

shibuya246 likes this.
  7. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

yes, it will work but I have not created a Resource entry for it in the forums yet. I will move it into the resource area today so it appears in your console.

There are over 100 plugins and I have moved/copied about 40 so far so that they can be auto updated from the admin dashboard

Thanks for pointing it out. I am trying to do all the popular plugins first :)

8. hilmwa

hilmwa New Member

I uninstalled the POST RSS plugin, but RSS link still shows in my website. Do I have to remove them manually?

9. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

I'm not sure which RSS link you're referring to but, yes, you'll want to remove the RSS links from the appropriate plugin and/or template. If you're using an IDE like NetBeans, it should be pretty easy to do a search on rss and find the appropriate ones to remove/comment out.

10. hilmwa

hilmwa New Member

I looked into it. I think the default theme navigation.php should be updated here: line 76
    change base to post_rss

PHP:
                    <?php // RSS Link and icon if a type "base" plugin is active

if ($h->isActive('post_rss')) {

?>
                        <li>
                            <a href="<?php echo $h->url(array('page' => 'rss')); ?>">RSS
                                <i class="fa fa-rss"></i>
                            </a>
                        </li>
                    <?php ?>

11. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

Correct - you can comment out all that code if you don't want to show the RSS link. However, depending on your plugins, you might also see RSS icons elsewhere (e.g., lines 368-369 of \content\plugins\activity\activity.php, lines 34-35 of \content\plugins\activity\templates\activity_profile.php, lines 815-817 of \content\plugins\comments\comments.php, lines 33-35 of \content\plugins\comments_widget\templates\comments_widget_list.php, lines 42-43 of \content\plugins\posts_widget\templates\posts_widget_list.php, lines 94-96 of \libs\Breadcrumbs.php).