1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Posts Widget 1.9.2

Posts Widget

1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Nick submitted a new resource:

Posts Widget - Posts Widget

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014
    davidshq likes this.
  2. davidshq

davidshq Member

I noticed with the latest posts in SWCMS that when using your submission approval mod that the stories in submission approval still showed up in the "top stories in" sidebar module. Will this issue still occur with hotaru?
    Dave.

3. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I'll make sure it doesn't. Thanks for the heads up.

4. JonH

JonH Admin & Design

Hey Nick I installed 0.9 and a few things:

The sidebar widget itself and the settings didn't show up in admin but it shows as installed and also shows up in the Sidebar Widget plugin settings page, I didn't see a templates folder with the plugin.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

The widgets show up okay for me if activated in Sidebar Widgets. The settings page and template for Sidebar Posts were dropped in v.0.9 of this plugin. The reason for that was the settings page was only used to give a choice of default or custom box styles. The template was only used for custom boxes, but the whole "custom box" concept was dropped in favor of the tutorials listed in the first post.

6. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Updated: v.1.2 2010/04/14 - Nick - Top stories page name changed from "index" to "popular" (Hotaru 1.2)

7. emarza975

emarza975 New Member

Errors on settings

:mad:Hi there,
    I have another problem in Hotaru 1.4.0:mad:
    When i'm on Post Widget Setting, Hotaru debug reports these errors::confused:

the post value listed below are checked:
    Posts Widget Top
    Posts Widget Latest
    Posts Widget Upcoming
    Posts Widget Day
    Posts Widget Week
    Posts Widget Month
    Posts Widget Year
    Posts Widget All Time

Can you help me explaining which values are admitted on header, items, lenght and desc?
    Thanx for your help....
    Lele

8. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Two possibilities:

1. You need to clear the Language cache from Admin -> Maintenance

or

2. You have a customized posts_widget_language.php file in your theme which is older than the posts_widget_language.php file in the Posts Widget plugin.

emarza975 likes this.
  9. emarza975

emarza975 New Member

That's ok.... I used the posts_widget_language in the Carlo75' pack. In that file there misses
    I corrected the italian php language... i post here...

View attachment posts_widget_language.php :cool:

Nick likes this.
  10. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Important update: v.1.6 2010/09/07 - Nick - Fixes for widget order gaps when removing posts widgets. Click "save" on the Posts Widget settings page to refresh the widget order for all widgets.

This fixes ticket #168.

richrf likes this.
  11. mabujo

mabujo Designer

I've updated the plugin to version 1.8 which adds support for showing images from the post images plugin in the posts widgets. This requires version 1.2 of the post images plugin.

Note :
    This version of the posts widget plugin includes an update from 1.7 that was in the SVN version but previously unreleased to the forums. It changes the headings of the widget from h2 tags to h4 tags.
    This shouldn't present a problem if your theme's css file is coded in the most efficient manner (using the '.widget_head' class to style the headings).
    However if your theme references the headings by '#sidebar h2' or similar you will need to change this to '.widget_head' or '#sidebar h4'.

All widgets will be using h4 tags instead of h2 tags from version 1.5 of Hotaru.

Gunaxin likes this.
  12. skorpyo

skorpyo Well-Known Member

Could it be possible to add the post date "3 days ago" to the list items?! and even add the post views to show on them?! I really need help on displaying the post date to them, please someone help me. Thanks in advanced!

13. Gunaxin

Gunaxin Well-Known Member

Any thoughts of how to get Post Widgets to honor the category? For example, when I am on a category list, the sort buttons for latest, upcoming etc. all link to that sort for that category (which is perfect), however the Post Widgets show content for the entire site. Understood that is how they were created, but I am interested in having those widgets display the Top, Upcoming, Latest for whatever category page you are on at the time.

By looking at the code, I guess its a matter of getting Post Widget to utilize the modifications to the PrepareList function that are contained in the Categories plugin. Unfortunately my abilities are too limited to figure out how to make that happen properly. Any help is appreciated, either in pointing me in the right direction, or updating the plugin yourself.

If this is a major undertaking (not just a simple change), I'd be willing to sponsor the feature being added, with a check box to toggle its functionality in the Post Widget settings.

14. mabujo

mabujo Designer

It's definitely possible, I'd say you'd be better off using this as the switch though :

PHP:
    $h->vars['category_id'];
    It gets slightly more complicated if you want posts under a category to display links for the category in the posts widget too, then you'd need to check against this too :

PHP:
    $h->post->category;
    I can do this for you if you wish, shoot me a PM or email john at <myusername> dot com.

15. skorpyo

so...we have to make some offers to be able to get some code help around here...

16. mabujo

mabujo Designer

yeah... show me the money ;) :D

17. skorpyo

That's not funny...for me at least...

18. mabujo

mabujo Designer

aww sorry man, were you under the impression I was your personal code slave?

Hotaru CMS is open source. That means you're free to use and distribute the code and modify it to your needs. The code itself is pretty concise and well commented.
    Generally I do stuff for free on plugins that I use and that are of use to my sites...
    For other custom stuff that you want coded, code it yourself or pay someone to do it. Simple, no?

If you don't want to pay me to add custom features for you maybe we can barter. What do you do for a living? Maybe you can do that for free for me for a while?
    Or maybe you could come round my house and clean up for a couple of days while I code for you?

Now I'm going to reply with some free advice to your previous post that I just hadn't seen.

19. mabujo

mabujo Designer

To display the post views you should be able to do something like this in getPostsWidgetItems :

PHP:
    $views $h->post->vars['post_row']->post_views;
            print 
    '<li>Views ' $views '</li>';
    (copied straight from the post views plugin source)

For showing the post date you can use the time difference function. Something like :

PHP:
    echo time_difference(unixtimestamp($h->post->date), $h->lang);
    Both of these are un-tested, you might need to change the $h->post bits to use $item.

20. skorpyo

I'm NOT the bad guy here...neither are you...I was just under the impression that we can get free help from time to time around here...thats all...If you really don't want to help, thats your problem...I come from a poor country and I myself am very poor...I don't want to be pitied for that...you made me say/write it...

About the code...thanks for the suggestions...I still can't figure that out...and I'm very sorry that I made a fuss about this.
    I was a bit greedy...wanted the needed code free and fast...my bad. I'm very sorry, again.
    I'll have to start learning this damn php language soon...if I want to do it myself, or at least know what the hell that(the code) means...