1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Posts Widget 1.9.2

Posts Widget

1. skorpyo

skorpyo Well-Known Member

Damn it! I've tried everything...nothing seems to work...I HATE php so bad because I can't seem to understand how it works...is it that hard to make the damn date show on posts widget?!

Edit: Okay...fixed it! To add the date of the post to show on your posts widgets just add the following line of code where you want it to show:
    PHP:
    $output .= time_difference(unixtimestamp($item->post_date), $h->lang)." ".$h->lang["bookmarking_post_ago"];

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
    shibuya246 likes this.
  2. Manolof

Manolof New Member

Bug

I found a bug in this plugin. When someone sets as default landing page "All" for example, then on the widgets the "Top Posts" link redirects to the home page, which is the "All".

<FIX>
    In posts_widget.php, around line 100, add :
    Code:
    case 'top':
    	$link = $h->url(array('page'=>'popular'));
    break;

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  3. angolanmade

angolanmade Well-Known Member

How would one go about getting one widget to display a certain amount of posts than the other?

Example - Latest should display five post

Top, All-Time should display 10 post.

I know there's a setting in the plugin but that seems to default to all the active post widgets options.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Right. There is no option for setting different limits for different post widgets.

One workaround would be to make a small plugin to override the getPostsWidget method in posts_widget.php. You'd simply copy the function and change line 203 ($h->vars['limit'] = $limit;) into a conditional to test for the widget $type.

angolanmade likes this.
  5. scaza

scaza Active Member

Is anybody using posts widget in the new version of hotaru?

Does it have all the indentation for others?

post widget.jpg

6. scaza

scaza Active Member

7. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

8. shibuya246

9. shibuya246

10. linkbaz

linkbaz New Member

11. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

12. linkbaz

linkbaz New Member

Hi
    My plugin Screen Shoot
    Untitled-1.jpg

13. valMETNG

Did you forget to attach?

14. linkbaz

linkbaz New Member

loooooooool
    sorry
    Untitled-1.jpg

15. valMETNG

Yup. Plugin order is the problem. Please see the image at the link I provided above that shows the correct plugin order. You can always access the correct plugin order via your admin panel. Choose Plugin Management and then click on the Help tab.

16. linkbaz

linkbaz New Member

There was a problem
    Recently, this problem occurred.

17. valMETNG

I'm sorry, but I don't understand.

Hotaru plugins sometimes get out of order when you uninstall/install plugins. Sometimes (by accident), you also move plugins out of order. There are certain plugins that must be in a specific order for hotaru to run properly. It's very easy to move them back into place though. Just click and hold your mouse on the plugin and move it to the correct position (as indicated on your Help tab or this image).

18. linkbaz

linkbaz New Member

new plugin order :
    Untitled-2.jpg

19. valMETNG

Looks like Vote is still out of order. Can you move that later and then also make sure to clear your cache?

20. linkbaz

linkbaz New Member

Yes, I empty the cache