1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Posts Widget 1.9.2

Posts Widget

1. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

So http://mixupdown.com/page/9 now works, which is good. You cleared your cache via the admin panel, correct (i.e., not your browser cache)?

Edit: Can you please now paste your plugin order again?

2. UncleDanger

UncleDanger New Member

The number of votes are not being displayed for me.

Also, after a quick browse through the code, it looks like perhaps thumbnails are supposed to be displayed if they are available? Is this the case? Mine are not showing up.

3. valMETNG

On your site, I see some posts have 1 vote and others have 0. I also see the post_image thumbnails. Can you please provide either a URL or picture that demonstrates the problems?

4. UncleDanger

UncleDanger New Member

Sure thing:

upload_2016-6-9_17-49-51.png

5. valMETNG

Can you check please if you have checked the appropriate admin panel setting boxes in your Post Images plugin (at the bottom to show images) and the Vote plugin (also at the bottom)?

6. UncleDanger

UncleDanger New Member

Okay, so the images are now showing for the reason you described, but the scores aren't showing.

I'm using updownvote and "Show vote count before post links in widgets" is checked.

I've cleared the cache completely.

7. valMETNG

Looks like that functionality was never fully completed in the updown voting plugin (it only fully works in the vote plugin). Thanks for finding this.

Would you please change line 241 in plugins\updown_voting\updown_voting_settings.php to:
    Code:
    $updown_voting_settings['widget_votes'] = $posts_widget;
    ...and line 54 to:
    Code:
    $posts_widget = $updown_voting_settings['widget_votes'];
    ...and line 94 to:
    Code:
    echo "<p><input type='checkbox' name='widget_votes' " . $posts_widget . ">&nbsp;&nbsp;" . $h->lang["vote_settings_posts_widget"] . "</p>\n";
    ...and line 66 to:
    Code:
    if (!isset($posts_widget)) { $posts_widget = 'checked'; }
    Also, replace lines 268-269 of plugins\posts_widget\posts_widget.php with:
    Code:
            if (!isset($h->vars['widget_votes']))
            {
                $vote_settings = $h->getSerializedSettings('vote', 'vote_settings');
                $h->vars['widget_votes'] = $vote_settings['posts_widget'];
            }
    Finally, please add the following to line 67 of plugins\updown_voting\updown_voting.php:
    Code:
    $h->vars['widget_votes'] = $updown_voting_settings['widget_votes'];
    Next, uninstall and reinstall the updown vote plugin. Then try again.

UncleDanger likes this.
  8. UncleDanger

UncleDanger New Member

Okay, all done.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin, wiped the cache, and it didn't look any different.

Then I turned "Show vote count before post links" off in settings, and then back on, and now it works!

You are racking up some serious hero points here man.

valMETNG likes this.
  9. valMETNG

Glad it worked. @shibuya246, looks like you can add these changes to the updown voting plugin for next release.