1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.7 Posts_widget Plugin

Discussion in 'General Troubleshooting' started by Todd Rich, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Todd Rich

Todd Rich New Member Donor

Hi,
    I've been playing around with the posts_widget plugin and having some issues:

1. Upon selecting all of the widgets, none of the widgets show up on the sidebar. There were a few occasions where the latest posts did appear on the sidebar, but now they do not show at all. I am assuming some widgets do not show since I do not have enough votes on posts, but I would think latest posts should appear.

2. Upon selecting the widgets, every few times, I receive the following error "CSRF error. Please try again."

Has anyone faced similar issues?

2. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

I just installed and tested on base and the post widgets didn't give me any problems - all posts and widgets displayed correctly. Might want to uninstall and reinstall either or both the widgets and posts_widgets plugins.

The CSRF error I've seen when doing other admin activities, so that one doesn't surprise me. I described what I think is happening here, which also includes some potential fixes. The challenge with the second alternative is you have to figure out which Javascript call is causing the problem.

3. shibuya246

shibuya246 Hotaru Developer Staff Member Admin

looks like the post widgets are showing on the internal pages of the site, individual post, acitivity page etc, but not the top home page

4. valMETNG

Odd. They show on the top home page in my base build.

5. shibuya246

ipadrank also working on home page

6. Todd Rich

Thanks for the responses. I had taken a few actions that seem to have fixed the sidebar. I had moved around the location of the widget locations and reinstalled the plugin. I have not yet worked on the CSFR error, but if I resubmit my changes, it does not always happen.

I did have some questions on the pages for Latest, popular, and upcoming.
    1. I had lowered the number of votes required to get on the front page. Once reaching the minimum number of votes, I noticed that these posts disappeared from the latest page (and went to the popular page). Is this normal for it to leave the latest page?
    2. What are upcoming posts? How does the system determine this?

Thanks in advance.

7. valMETNG

Line 175 of /plugins/bookmarking/libs/BookmarkingFunctions.php gives the parameters for how upcoming is determine, but the comment on line 176 explains how it works: "Filters page to "new" stories by most votes, but only stories from the last X days."

The comment on line 233 explains top/popular: "Assume 'top' page and filter to 'top' stories."

Latest is the same as "new" in Hotaru and is explained on line 169. So when a post_status changes from new to top, yes, it will leave the latest page.

8. Todd Rich

Ok, thank you. I'll check out the code next time, haha.

9. shibuya246

I wonder whether this filter system might be a bit outdated and could need a change. If anyone has suggestions based on what others are doing on the net let me know