1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preview: Gallery like Home Page

Discussion in 'Bookmarking Discussions and More' started by epoch, Mar 7, 2011.

1. epoch

epoch New Member

hi all,
    here's a preview of a little home page modification I am working on.
    check attachment. Its completely messy :D

I used post images plugin and a little bit of editing on the bookmarking_list.php.
    freshology-in.jpg

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
    JonH likes this.
  2. Gunaxin

Gunaxin Well-Known Member

Looks slick. Nice work.

3. seekyt

seekyt Donor Donor

I love it. Any chance you might share the modification you made?

Also, what happens if no post image is submitted?

4. epoch

epoch New Member

I am thinking of adding a "no thumbnail" image as default to the post image plugin or the idea of the theme is picture bookmarking so should make image submission compulsory.
    PS: I dont know PHP or CSS I just do things on trial and error basis ;) so even if I share the mod I cannot support. asap

5. seekyt

seekyt Donor Donor

Well, you're still on to something! I think hotaru could benefit from a Gallery template. It would allow an entirely different type of site to be built based on that display. Good thinking.

6. scrt

scrt New Member

Epoch,
    For a person who do not know PHP or CSS. Congrats. It shows u have a basic grasp of the grid system - thus css. And having that grasp is all u need. My eyesight is not that good for I like to download the image to see clearly. But if u handle paging, page 1, etc mod then u demonstrated php puzzle solving. I like looking at Hotaru sites and there is a member with an active image gallery layout. Hotaru has lots of potential. How long did it take u to do?

7. epoch

epoch New Member

thanks to the firefox firebug addon I was able to learn css quickly then for paging I just used the default from the basic theme. time taken:1.5hrs

angolanmade likes this.