1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Cyrillic. Black diamonds with a question mark.

Discussion in 'Installation and General Troubleshooting' started by Sv9t, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Sv9t

Sv9t Member

Create a category in the menu. In the admin panel there appeared a black diamond with a question mark. The site does not appear subcategory. How to get rid of this problem?
    hotaru.jpg

2. valMETNG

valMETNG Moderator Staff Member

Doing a search, I found the black diamond problem discussed in this thread. Perhaps it will help you?

3. Sv9t

Sv9t Member

Thank you! Read all the topic, nothing helped. Any ideas?

4. valMETNG

Sadly, my only idea is within that thread, specifically this post. I know how frustrating it is as I also spent many hours troubleshooting. It has something to do with html_entity_decode. Once you find the potential html_entity_decode statement causing the problem and remove it, you may also have to go back to any existing data and reformat it (as mentioned here). Sorry I can't be of more help.

Sv9t likes this.
  5. Sv9t

Sv9t Member

I can see the way: i found by searching "html_entity_decode" in files hotaru, then remove decode in the all line, in turn.
    decode.jpg

6. valMETNG

Exactly. Glad you were able to solve it.