1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Profile Info 0.1

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by hotaruuser, Nov 16, 2011.

1. hotaruuser

hotaruuser New Member

Profile Info
    Version: 0.1
    Author: hotaruUser
    Created on: 2011/11/16
    Last Updated: 2011/11/16
    Tested on: (1.4.2)
    Plugins Required: None
    Plug & Play: No - Create plugin-hook for it
    Supported: ?

Description
    Simple Plugin which adds a "hotaru_profileinfo" table to database, counts clicks on the user profile, shows when he last visited and which role he has.

Please note

- If you use another database prefix than "hotaru" please edit the profile_info.php
    - The clicks on the profile are not count:
    -> if user views his own profile
    -> if the last user viewed this profile was the same as before and the viewing was less than 15 min ago
    - I am no php expert, still learning the whole thing, so use at your own risk!
    - Use only if profile pages are not public!

Instructions
    Open profile_info.php in directory, see plugin-hook "user_profile_right" in comment field an in plugin-function, change it to fit your plugin-hook in your users-profile

upload the profile_info to your plugins folder and install it from admin menu

(I have made so many changes to my profile page, so I think the right name for the standard plugin-hook is "profile", but I am not sure, so I left is at it was)

Revision History
    Version 2011/11/16 - Released first version

I love hotaru! I am very happy with this CMS, I hope its developing will some day continue. So this is my little "contribution" for this project. I hope somebody have use for it.

Simple css file attached to it, looks somehow like this:

screenshot.jpg

Please click "Rate Thread" and give this plugin a rating. Thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
    frytec and ilovehotaru like this.
  2. frytec

frytec Member

why it cant be used if profile pages are public?

3. hotaruuser

hotaruuser New Member

I originally wrote this plugin just for my site, as I believe, many hotaruCMS users have write several plugins, because its so easy. I thought I could at least try to give something back to hotaru, so I released this plugin.

The plugin checks the Id of the current user who is viewing the page, and compare it to the userid, whose page is viewed. If they match, the click will not be count. There is no inquiry if the current user viewing is not logged in. If guests are able to view the user profiles, there should be a inquiry with Ip-adress or cookie or similar, to prevent just reloading the page to raise the counter.

(I just guess, if this plugin is used with public profile pages and debug turn off (otherwise there would be error-messages) then only the clicks from the logged in users are count, but it is not tested)

But anybody, feel free to adapt or modify this to your needs, (and to upload the new version of course, if you wish to)

4. puneetps

puneetps Active Member

Hi Guys ! I think user profile should also have the list of latest post submitted by user like here on our profile page. I think it may also help the profiles to have some data, otherwise on my website with around 1200 users each profile shows "no information yet". May be this was the reason google considered my website as a spam.

Can anyone suggest me how to block profiles for search engine submissions if they don't have any information in about?

5. PuckRobin

PuckRobin New Member

Google simply does not index such pages without any significant content. You don't need to do anything special.

If your website is marked as "spam", it means you do have content, but not original content; all copies of pages from other websites.

6. puneetps

puneetps Active Member

Thanks for reply puckrobin.. But normally when user bookmark links they copy the first 2-3 paragraph, i saw many popular post submitted on digg.com like this.. If it is so then how to protect it..

7. PuckRobin

PuckRobin New Member

digg has significant user comments on pages and also a good widget system that keeps the percentage of copied content low.

8. narc

narc Well-Known Member

thanks for the plugin. works beautifully.
    is it possible to extend your plugin? so that the views of the items are counted as well? exactly to the same pattern as your plugin does this.