1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reCaptcha 0.6

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Nick, Mar 17, 2010.

1. narc

narc Well-Known Member

awesome, many thanks. its work :)

valMETNG likes this.
  2. narc

narc Well-Known Member

3. narc

narc Well-Known Member

the first version doesn't work anymore. can someone update the module to v2? i had to take it out of my system, since then i get a lot of spam emails. :(

4. valMETNG

valMETNG Administrator Staff Member Admin

I don't use this plugin but took a look relative to how the new reCAPTCHA v2 works. (I created a random number math problem captcha but, unfortunately, it's integrated into my custom code/not part of a plugin so I can't easily pull it apart for you to use). It appears most of this plugin would need to be rewritten, especially as recaptchalib.php wasn't even written by a Hotaru developer. It's also worth mentioning that reCAPTCHA v3 appears to be in beta so, as soon as this is re-written, it likely would have to be done again.

Has anyone rewritten this plugin that you'd be willing to share? You might try the Requests for Paid Services forum if the spam emails become too annoying before someone can tackle this. If you can't wait and are unable to find someone or can't afford to pay anyone, if you PM me your user_signin/templates/user_signin_register.php and user_signin/user_signin.php files, I'll add a customized random number math problem captcha that should help reduce the spam registration.

5. narc

narc Well-Known Member

i use the plugin also with the contact form. over the contact form comes a lot of spam, that is the real problem.

i think sooner or later i will leave hotaru because the further development won't take place here at all. it's really a pity, since i've been there since 2010. but unfortunately it can't be changed if we have an old system. i'm also convinced that we have many security holes in the code that won't be fixed. sooner or later the site can fall on your feet.